Technology Advisory, Snr Consultant (Strategy & Architecture)
Area of expertise:
Believe you can make things happen? So do we.
At Avanade we are committed to helping our clients accelerate progress, creating momentum through our focus on business outcomes, human interactions and relationships, and the delivery of high-performance technology solutions. To support the growth of our team we’re looking for curious, collaborative and capable consultants who can partner with CIO’s and CTO’s to unlock the full value of technology.
Day-to-day, you’ll work on high-impact, strategic technology engagements with people who have a passion for delivering results for our clients and their customers. As your career progresses you will develop to become a trusted advisor to C-level client executives based deep industry, and functional expertise. You will work with, and alongside deep technology specialists that are famous for creating new possibilities through digital and data outcomes.
You are a curious, collaborative and capable professional with 3 – 5 years of consulting or industry experience with a proven track record in developing compelling C-level advice based on rigorous, actionable analysis. You will have demonstrable experience in technology strategy and / or enterprise architecture within financial services, government, healthcare, or utilities sectors.
You understand the vital role that technology plays in transforming businesses and developing innovative solutions for the most complex of business problems. You use your passion, intellect, and commercial acumen to breathe life to your client’s aspirations.
About the Job
As a Technology Advisory Senior Consultant, we’re looking to you to partner with your colleagues and clients to make their ambitions a palpable reality. You will collaborate with your colleagues and clients to direct, define and design strategic, technology-enabled solutions for complex business problems. You will have strong experience in developing technology strategies and / or enterprise architectures to direct significant technology investments and initiatives. To do this, you will apply and develop your sector knowledge, critical-thinking and core consulting skills to surgically diagnose and resolve complex business issues through innovative technology solutions.
In this role, you will be:
- Developing consulting deliverables such as technology strategies, enterprise architectures, roadmaps, operating models and business cases for executive-level clients
- Collaborating with clients during engagement events, including interviews, workshops and presentations
- Leading and developing consultants and analysts on consulting engagements to develop high-quality qualitative and quantitative analyses to drive compelling insights
- Coaching and mentoring consultants and analysts to manage their career and professional development
- Shaping compelling client propositions and proposals with Avanade client account teams
- Uplifting the capability of the Technology Advisory practice through knowledge sharing, thought leadership and practice development initiatives
- Continuously furthering your career through on-the-job and structured training, development and professional certifications
To be successful you will be purpose led, impact driven and client focused. You will be a passionate problem solver, creative communicator, and avid team player.
At this point in your career you will have at least 3 - 5 years of management or technology consulting ideally with:
- The Right Experience: Advisory experience from a top tier consulting firm or industry experience with strong executive stakeholder communications
- Functional Depth: Demonstrable expertise in Technology Strategy and / or Enterprise Architecture advisory engagements
- Sector Knowledge: Proven sector knowledge and experience in (one or more of) Financial Services, Healthcare, Energy and Public Sector
- Compelling Comms: Strong, crisp communication and presentation skills to capture the attention of executives
- Certifications: Not mandatory but preferably, disciplinary certifications in enterprise or solution architecture.
What it’s like to work with us
At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our advisory team is rapidly expanding, but we’re picky. You’ll be led and supported by our experienced leaders who will challenge you, develop you and empower you. Often working in small, multi-disciplinary teams you will make an impact by realising new possibilities for our clients by exploiting and exploring digital technologies that deliver a step change in value.
Our typical clients are CIO’s, CTO’s and CISO’s of leading organisations that are seeking to exploit or explore technology to drive business performance across financial services, health, government, resources and utilities sectors. As a valued member of the Technology Advisory team, you will partner with clients and colleagues to develop actionable coaching and advice through technology strategies, enterprise architectures, technology operating models, agile transformations and journey to cloud roadmaps.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when you need to get on top of your life admin!) as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.