Organization Design Lead - Flexible Location
Area of expertise:
- Lead and/or support organization design projects at all levels of the organization from scoping to delivery; specifically, contracting, scoping, organizational assessment, development of design options, recommendations and implementation support
- Ensure the design of organization structures and roles are configured to deliver on business strategy and in alignment with Avanade OD Principles
- Lead and/or contribute to building a sustainable internal OD infrastructure including tools, resources, processes and methodologies
- Contribute to the successful design and operation of an OD engagement model with HR and the business
- Play both a consulting and a governance role in ensuring that all structures and roles are aligned with Avanade’s OD Principles and established organizational models
- Contribute to the development of other OD team members
- You’re passionate about organization design and bring both technical expertise and practical experience as an organization design consultant to senior levels of the organization
- Your management consulting experience may have been as an external or internal consultant – but you’ve got the mindset to engage internally as a partner who is vested in the organizational outcomes of your work
- You’ve consulted with poise and credibility to senior leaders (CEO minus 1, or CEO minus 2) in large, global and matrixed organizations
- You're focused on delivering solutions that aren’t just theoretical – they're well thought out through consultation with the business and consider realistic paths to implementation
- You’re a systems thinker and can connect the dots across organizational systems to propose solutions that will optimize success
- You’ve got a knack for presenting ideas and concepts in a manner that increases understanding and drives discussions forward (especially visually and in presentations)
- You’re experienced and effective leading workshops, design sessions, etc. in a mostly virtual and global context
- You’re passionate about your own continued growth as well as growing capability in those you partner with and work with
- You’re experienced and comfortable using project management methodologies when required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree including MBAs welcome
- Minimum 5 years direct experience leading or supporting organization design projects for clients working at CEO minus 1 or CEO minus 2 layers of the organization; mix of other comparable experience may be considered
- Consulting experience (external or internal) required
- Experience working across multiple geographies and contexts preferred
- Demonstrated experience with organization design including operating models, organization structure design and role design in large global matrixed organizations
- Experience working with models that address and ensure alignment between key organizational elements such as strategy, capabilities, structure, processes, rewards and people practices
- Strong background in conducting organizational assessments and diagnostics
- Strong facilitation skills including design and delivery of workshops sessions in a virtual manner
- Familiarity with concepts relating to job size and levels
Colorado Applicants only: As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Avanade provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 and $125,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.