Technical Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST – BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION TALENT COMMUNITY
*** This role will only be suitable for individuals with either Consulting background or one that worked with Microsoft technologies***
Avanade is the world’s leading Microsoft consultancy and is the ultimate destination for consultants who specialise in Microsoft technology. Our vision is to be the leading digital innovator through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Diversity and inclusion are baked into our DNA, as is flexibility. We empower our people to deliver awesome solutions for our clients, and our unsurpassed experience in the Microsoft space enables us to place our people on the most challenging, rewarding engagements. Career progression opportunities at Avanade are world-leading, as are our benefits.
Avanade is recruiting for a Business Analyst to join an ever-growing Business and Technology Integration Talent Community, providing best in class business analysis and consulting services to high profile and demanding clients. As the Business Analyst for Avanade, you will be delivering against a diverse portfolio of digital and transformation projects. Working closely with our clients to take them through the transformation journey in various Microsoft Technologies where you'll be able to adapt to all different sizes and types of client organisations, helping delivery teams and our clients navigate their way through all elements of new product launches, migrations, conceptualisation, and feasibility.
To apply you should have the following skills & experience:
We’re looking for curious minds, self-starters and high achievers who want to get stuck into a varied workload and a multitude of exciting and cutting-edge projects. Degree certified, but beyond that someone who is seeking to continuously learn and improve; and is above all a team player – able to communicate with clients professionally and harmonise with internal team members.
· 2 – 7 years of Business Analysis experience
· Have worked as a BA/senior BA on IT delivery projects preferably in Agile manner
· Expert knowledge of business analysis techniques
· Facilitation & elicitation techniques: Voice of Customer sessions, brainstorming, design sessions, observations, story mapping, etc.
· Expertise in using a variety of tools and techniques to analyse business processes and recommend process improvements
· Experience of successfully redesigning processes and delivering benefits
· Experience of the use of Prototyping tools and techniques to clarify user requirements
· Ability to analyse and produce deliverables consumable by business stakeholders and technical delivery teams with required details
· Understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle methodology (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Iterative)
· Strong communication styles and techniques: ability to communicate across the development team and with business stakeholders
· Ability to manage issues, risks, and problems from identification through to resolution
· Ability to provide suitable test support for system and User Acceptance purposes
· Strong analysis and negotiation skills, ability to identify and resolve missing details.
Nice to have:
· Knowledge of Data-modelling techniques is advantageous
· Some experience consulting with external clients
· Preferred experience working with global and off-shore project teams
· Experience using Application Lifecycle Management tooling, e.g., JIRA, Azure DevOps etc.
· Ability to influence people at all levels
Your additional experience that will be advantageous:
· Domain Knowledge: Finance, Communications, Media & Technology, Health & Public Services, Resources
· Technology Knowledge: CRM, Azure, M365, SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps etc.
- 20 days of annual leave
- Employee Share Purchase programme
- Employee Salary Sacrifice Cycle to work scheme
- Generous Pension & Bonus
- Industry trainings and certifications (80 hours per year)
Due to the nature of our business travel may be up to 80%. This travel requirement is non-negotiable.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.