This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Operations Manager to work at the cutting-edge of advanced analytics. The Service Operations Manager will utilise their extensive experience of ITSM and Agile working practices to take a key role in the continuous integration of a cloud-based data platform (BI/DW/ML) hosted on MS Azure.
The ideal candidate will have experience of running mission critical application services for enterprise customers. They will be the owner of a complex suite of Business Intelligence and Performance Management services responsible for Avanade’s performance and delivery to a handful of customers. The Service Operations Manager works closely with the development and testing teams in a continuous integration methodology to successfully bring Advanced Analytics service components into production and ensure their ongoing commercial success.
Outside of Covid, this position will involve travelling within the UK, as such the ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to travel 2-3 days per week.
- Taking ownership for the effective delivery of commercially successful engagements within an ITIL and DevOps services framework.
- Responsible for defining and agreeing scope of releases alongside Scrum Masters and defining high level release road maps with a programme management board.
- Managing the release management cycle and taking responsibility for the planning, resourcing and governance to successfully release new service components through to deployment.
- Leading the continued adoption of Agile practices to create a culture of continuous integration in a client-facing environment.
- Working onsite, developing and enhancing the strategic relationships with the customers.
- Providing customers with regular service analysis and developing ideas for service improvements.
- Effective communications with the customer to manage expectation and demonstrate value, underpinned with a focus on continual service improvement.
- Owner of the Operational Change Process for the service working closing with clients
- Responsible for service communication and planning of change and release.
- Maintains a clear understood baseline configuration of the Environments.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
- A proven track record in operational and service management - pre-existing Service Operations Management experience as a key member of the support function for a consulting or IT services provider
- Exceptional customer facing support and proactive resolution skills.
- Experience in the proactive delivery of managed support services within an DevOps & ITIL/ITSM environment.
- ITIL / Agile Certification.
- Ability to handle difficulties, performance problems and conflict between team members
- Excellent customer relationship and negotiation skills.
- Ability to innovate and drive service improvement roadmaps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and presentation skills.
- Ideally a background including complimentary experience within an application services environment.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.