Senior Scala Developer (B2B)
Area of expertise:
Welcome to the Avanade Poland Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a dynamic, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, keep reading.
About the role
As a client-facing Scala Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn our clients’ business, their organization, systems, challenges and goals. You’ll partner directly with client(s) to define and clarify requirements, then work with your team to create accurate project and task estimates to deliver exceptional client results.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Consistently develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect features on schedule
· Lead by example through the implementation of challenging and complex components
· Work closely with your project team, fostering a fun and collaborative environment
· Ensure quality through adherence to technical best practice and through mentorship, feedback and paired programming
· Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed.
You are looking for an opportunity to be part of digital transformation, and to be surrounded by people who are passionate about building modern and beautiful experiences for clients. You also understand what it takes to “make it work” to ensure it is scalable, secure, and well-engineered. You understand databases, micro-services architecture, REST API design and eventual consistency. You’re always keeping an ear open for the latest design patterns or cloud PaaS offering. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your technical and business skillset includes:
· min. 2 years of experience in Scala
· Computer Science and development fundamentals, including Functional Programming (FP)
· Experience analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
· Familiarity with Cats library, Scalaz library, ZIO library, Slick, Akka-HTTP, Flyway will be a huge plus
· Proficient ability to communicate complex information to technical and non-technical partners
· Solid written and spoken English skills
· Working in a high-security level project for our USA-based client in financial domain
· Dealing with complex problems daily
· Team of 6 in Wroclaw (growing) - composed of Scala and ReactJS developers
· Possibility to relocate to USA (after min. 1 year given very good performance and client needs)
· New office located in the city center
· Start-up-like atmosphere in the office with 60+ people
· Rich benefits package, yearly bonus program
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.