You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovative and agile.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
You must be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen to be eligible for the role.
About the job
As a Consultant in our Software Engineering team, you focus on designing, developing, and testing mission-critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You will be part of strong development community working on Microsoft development platform, developing solutions for Web, Cloud or Mobile devices for our customers.
Day to day you will:
- Be part of a very collaborative team of highly skilled consultants who all share the passion for Microsoft technology and development
- You will have access to all the newest technologies and services within the Microsoft stack
- Be part of the development team onshore sometimes working with offshore delivery centres
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and colleagues in the projects to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Build and maintain your relationships within Avanade’s Software Engineering community.
- You will work with some of the absolute best Microsoft consultants in the industry both in Australia and in our global community
You are a talented software developer who loves to talk about technology and share your knowledge with like-minded and non-technical audiences. Your passion for technology is matched with good business sensibility and great interpersonal skills. You probably have at least three years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
- Experience in developing applications using .NET Framework and other Microsoft related technologies
- Good understanding of cloud-based development (AWS / Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in developing modern web applications using front end framework such as React, Vue or Angular (Node, npm, webpack, Typescript, Bootstrat…)
- Experience in database development
- Good understanding of designing and developing well-crafted software using agile and lean approach
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM and waterfall methodologies
- Additionally, if you have experience with Sitecore, Microsoft Power Platform this is desirable but not necessary
- Strong focus on best development practices including code testability (TDD & unit testing) and automated deployments (CI/CD)
- Microsoft Certification is desirable but not necessary.