Senior IT Project Manager
Area of expertise:
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we!
Avanade Denmark is looking for a talented and ambitious Project Manager who enjoys working with complex IT projects and strives to always deliver with excellence! Do you want to work with highly skilled colleagues always challenging the boundaries of Microsoft technologies? If so, Avanade sounds like the perfect match for you!
Founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Microsoft and Accenture, Avanade is helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations, and transform products, all powered by the Microsoft ecosystem.
At Avanade Denmark, we are currently 65 dedicated employees and we plan to grow. This is why we are looking for new talents to join us and become part of this exciting journey.
PROJECT MANAGER AT AVANADE:
You will be taken the leading role at the client, manage the team of consultants and drive program and project execution to fulfill Avanade’s contracted commitments to the client. Through effective organization and management of people, methodologies and technologies, our program and project managers see that projects are completed on time, within budget, and at the highest quality levels.
You will be involved and support during the sales, estimating, planning, mobilization, execution, and closure phases of projects. Over a project’s life, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and issues and monitor financial performance.
The type of projects are Microsoft solutions within the following domains: Infrastructure, Application development and/or Analytics.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage Client expectation by establishing a close collaboration with key client stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan, appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and high-quality outcomes
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, and Quality as well as coordinate, report, and respond to project issues and risks issues. Propose and implement adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure that the project work within the different teams’ areas of responsibility are planned, organized, performed, and executed with a minimum of control. Project teams can be global teams consisting of onshore, offshore, and near-shore colleagues.
- Manage the contract and implement and manage change management processes
You believe in close collaboration with the client and can manage their expectations while delivering the project results according to contract. Teamwork is set as high priority to deliver results and on a day-to-day basis you always strive to do your best. You know how to create and power through a project plan, resolving problems along the way and keeping multiple stakeholders involved. You are at home with enterprise technology and understand what’s involved in bringing a software development or infrastructure project to successful conclusion.
Your working-style is characterized by discipline and persistency, even when the scope and number of projects might seem overwhelming. You know your way around from top management to the workshops and vice versa effortlessly. You know the value of data discipline and are an experienced IT user. You speak and understand English and can communicate in Danish both writing and orally.
Your technical skills and knowledge likely include:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Basic knowledge of contract terms
- Proven skills in customer expectations management
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- Preferred experience from infrastructure transformation project work
- Preferred experience in the areas of Cloud transformation
- Proven Capability to navigate highly regulated customer environments
Your other skills and knowledge likely include:
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results-oriented, self-directed ability to drive change in an unstructured environment
- Good client interface and presentation skills
- Customer-oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for Technology
- Project Management frameworks (PMP, Prince2, etc.) as well as Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, etc.)
- Possess a 'can do - will do' attitude that guarantees the absolute best client experience
You have +7 years of consulting project management experience working with enterprice clients.
Your education includes a Bachelor’s Degree in business or an IT-related field and possibly a Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
At Avanade, we believe that training and development of our employees is the key to success, and together we will be developing your project management expertise.
If the above sounds interesting, click on 'Apply now' and Davide Sanguini from Talent Acquisition will arrange meetings with relevant applicants on an on-going basis in the pursuit to find our next, future star consultants.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.