Senior Front End Developer
Area of expertise:
About The Role
As a client-facing Senior Front-End Developer, you will develop rich and interactive web UIs to help power digital transformation programs for our customers, and redefine interactions with their external and internal stakeholders. You will also integrate UIs with APIs, cloud platforms and content management systems, leveraging the power of the Microsoft ecosystem to deliver exciting results.
Day-to-day, you will
- Make it real – bring concepts and designs for user-facing web applications to life
- Use modern web development and DevOps practices to develop, test, and deploy
- Design and style with responsive and adaptive approaches to create beautiful and accessible experiences
- Develop robust solutions with consideration to security, performance, internationalization and browser-compatibility
- Use business process requirements to drive detailed design of application and technical architectures
- Configure, build, and test the application or technical architecture components, working with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that they meet each application’s requirements and performance goals.
- Create technical and functional/end-user operational documentation for systems.
- Coordinate with and leverage offshore resources when required.
- Provide application/technical support as needed.
- Maintain and update technical and/or industry knowledge and skills through continuous learning, such as reading journals and magazines, collaborating with other technical professionals, participating in technical training, or writing articles.
Technical & non-technical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in:
- Frameworks: React.js (preferred), and optionally Angular, AngularJS, React Native,
- Knockout, Node.js, Ember.js, Vue.js
- Design & Style: HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS, Bootstrap, Responsive/Adaptive Design, Usability Design
- Web Application Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC (desirable), or PHP / JSP / Spring
- DevOps & Test: Git, Grunt, Bower, , Jasmine, Selenium
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- Applicants must hold Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
In addition to your salary, Avanade employees also receive:
- 5 annual “” in addition to Annual Leave
- Annual Wellbeing allowance and Gadget allowance
- Microsoft Certifications and career pathways
- 80 paid training hours per year
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Gender transition leave
*Benefits subject to change annually
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.