Senior DevOps Manager
Avanade is the world’s leading digital innovator and believes in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. This is through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft technology.
By joining Avanade’s software engineering practice, you will have fantastic opportunity to operate at the forefront of technology, with access to best clients across the world, on challenging and exciting projects.
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams, you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude.
If you are the type of person who thrives on constantly learning and challenging yourself with a genuine desire to do your best, then you could be successful here. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
As part of the DevOps Role Family, you will be enabling faster and predictable software releases through organizational change, lean processes, and tools. You will be leveraging CI/CD pipelines, working with infrastructure as Code and building self-healing infrastructure. This team is leading the way in Omni Cloud, heterogeneous and Open-source environments.
As a client-facing DevOps Manager, you will have the opportunity to learn our clients’ business, their organization, systems, challenges, and goals. You will partner directly with client(s) to define and clarify requirements, then work with your team to create accurate project and task estimates to deliver exceptional client results.
We are looking for someone who has strong leadership experience and excellent consulting skills. You will have previously led, coached and mentored a technical team to deliver on client projects.
You can expect to work in a passionate team, who will support you, with strong collaborative relationships. There is a strong culture of learning from each other and continuing to push the boundaries in your own learning. This team will help you develop your career, and you will have great opportunities to work with cutting-edge technology, as well as having access to extensive training, and abilities to take further certifications.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Lead a team, and coach team members and clients in DevOps best practices
- Work closely with clients outlining their DevOps opportunities
- You will be the technical voice in Pre-sales engagements, and bidding opportunities
- Build strong relationships across the business, you are proactive in spreading the practice of DevOps both in your professional life, but perhaps also through blogs, etc.
- Empower your clients DevOps capabilities by providing
- industry subject matter expertise by defining DevOps strategy and roadmaps.
- Champion core DevOps behaviors like communication and collective ownership by collaborating with different individuals and teams.
- Build CI/CD Pipelines as Code using Azure Pipelines and YAML definitions, targeting heterogeneous cloud environments.
- Develop and integrate automation for every aspect of Infrastructure as Code using Azure Resource Manager and/or Terraform.
- Build, deploy and operate containerized workloads in cloud environments.
- Ensure security and governance is considered a priority by applying security practices as part of the SDLC and developing and enforcing Azure Policies across our clients’ tenants.
Experience with some of the following:
- Exceptional customer-facing support and fault resolution skills.
- Experience provisioning and operating infrastructure in Azure
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines enabling zero-downtime deployments
- Competent with Git and comfortable managing large git repositories Experience migrating between DevOps platforms
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- A passion for technology & a thirst for knowledge, with an openness to learning new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of key DevOps concepts – continuous integration and delivery
- Experience running containerized workloads with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code using –ARM, Terraform
- Ability to Script with Powershell and Bash Knowledge of Azure Policy and Azure Governance
- Experience with Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify, VeraCode
- Experience with any automation tooling (Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, GitLab, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, DSC)
- Proficient with modern engineering practices and enterprise-level delivery
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to coach, mentor, and lead a team in accordance with agile methodology and thought leadership.
- Excellent consulting and stakeholder management skills.
- Some experience and exposure to growing accounts and technical pre-sales activities.
Nice to have:
- Azure Data Factory or other data platform knowledge
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- C# .Net framework development background
- Community engagement through blogging or other mediums.