Area of expertise:
Do you have a passion for providing organizations with a good security experience? So do we!
Our mission is to help protect government and private companies against cyber crime and nation-state APT attack. We stand up against the unfair misuse of the internet to attack innocent victims and disrupt our society. We can make a real difference, using our knowledge and technology to make our planet a more secure place.
Working with some of the largest clients and leading-edge projects in the region; in the role of Cyber Defense Consultant, you will play an active role in helping our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Cyber Defense business challenges across their Cloud Providers, Microsoft 365 platform, end-user devices and identity infrastructures alongside Avanade cybersecurity experts from different backgrounds.
About the Role:
In this client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s Cyber Defense strategy, capabilities and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Sentinel and Microsoft Threat Protection technologies.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as developing your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into leader in the Cyber Defense space. You will learn how to deliver large and global Cyber Defense solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a Cyber Defense Consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing Security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
• You are experienced in owning the design and implementation of technology solutions.
• You have a strong analytical mindset
• You are experienced ensuring you deliver what is stated in a contract.
• You have some experience in supporting and developing more junior team members.
• You are dedicated and deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes.
To hit the ground running, your skills may include some of the following:
• Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to protect, detect and response to cyber incidents on endpoints across all major operating systems.
• Proven experience with user and entity behavioral analytics and how these services can be used to identify and defend against identity compromise.
• A good understanding of security, incident and event management solutions and their roles in Cyber Defense, experience with Microsoft Sentinel is of significant value.
• You have experience with performing log data analysis to search for malicious activity, display visualizations, and perform threat hunting. Knowledge of Kusto Query Language is a plus.
• A good understanding of use case development and rules that can be applied to consolidate events across disparate systems and used to identify an attack chain across systems.
• A good understanding of threat hunting techniques and approaches across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms.
• A good understanding of incident response processes and techniques for cyber recovery.
• A good understanding of security operations centers, their functions and roles.
• A good understanding of the Microsoft platforms across Windows, Microsoft 365 and Azure.
• Interested in developing experience and understanding in managed security services, incident response and security advisory.
• Understanding of techniques and approaches used by threat actors to compromise companies.
• Some understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied to help customers improve their cyber defense.
• Some understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding client data and able to articulate and understand the types of assets that would be seen as valuable and susceptible to attack.
• With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Cyber Defense space.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly-expanding and exciting security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
So, what’s in it for you? Benefits We Offer:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and exciting security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
Other fun things we offer:
- A great Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
- The opportunity to work with the latest technology in socially beneficial projects.
- Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
- Paid Certifications
- An Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- A Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- The help you need to reach your full potential so that you grow and develop with Avanade.
- A Reward and recognition program
- And being part of an inclusive culture characterized by ambition and innovation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.