Resource Management Specialist
Area of expertise:
Welcome to the Avanade Poland Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a dynamic, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, build transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands in the world. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Perfect, keep reading.
About the role
A Resource Management Specialist (RM) is responsible for running the allocation of consultants to clients and projects. RM team works with various departments in the organization to understand all factors required to make an educated decision on how best to staff Avanade’s client engagements, projects, and internal technical initiatives. The RM balances business needs and a priority to improve monthly revenue projections with the consulting pool’s availability, strengths, and professional development goals. They collaborate with Recruiting to provide hiring requisitions for billable positions and call out issues that impact staffing and projections (unallocated resources, staffing shortfalls, etc.). On a weekly basis, the RM Team prepares and presents a comprehensive update on the utilization and revenue projections for Avanade Digital Studio network, Poland Studio offices, specific resource pools, and each billable consultant.
In this role, day-to-day, you will:
- Track staffing requirements and estimated start dates for upcoming sales opportunities and new positions on currently executing projects.
- Manage resource end dates and high-level feedback on resource performance from Project Managers and Team Leads.
- Understand the strengths, areas of development, professional development goals, and client preferences of our consultants and the overall pool.
- Strategically plan and coordinate the assignment of resources to clients and projects while accounting for upcoming and ongoing business needs balanced with consultants' strengths, preferences, and goals.
- Provide directive to Recruiting on consultant positions to be posted for external hire (based on what RM cannot staff internally) and hiring priorities.
- Prepare and present weekly comprehensive updates on revenue projections and resource utilization.
- Ensure resources are assigned in a manner that improves revenue projections and/or are staffed to work that keeps them fully utilized and allocated to an effort that is approved by Senior Management.
You are a jack of all trades with a strong interest in business and:
- Bachelor's Degree and five years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Hands-on experience in managing and directing the activities and/or schedules of others.
- Strong digital literacy with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Responsible, proactive, and committed professional with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in Polish and English.
- A background in software development is a plus, but not required.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.