.Net Software Developer
Area of expertise:
Software Engineer | .Net Developer
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovative and agile.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
You must be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen to be eligible for the role.
About the job
As a Consultant in our Software Engineering team, you focus on designing, developing and testing mission-critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You will be part of strong development community working on Microsoft development platform, developing solutions for Web, Cloud or Mobile devices for our customers.
Day to day you will:
- Be part of a very collaborative team of highly skilled consultants who all share the passion for Microsoft technology and development
- You will have access to all the newest technologies and services within the Microsoft stack
- Be part of the development team onshore sometimes working with offshore delivery centres
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and colleagues in the projects to ensure the delivery of quality solutions.
- Build and maintain your relationships within Avanade’s Software Engineering community.
- You will work with some of the absolute best Microsoft consultants in the industry both in Australia and in our global community
You are a talented software developer who loves to talk about technology and share your knowledge with like-minded and non-technical audiences. Your passion for technology is matched with good business sensibility and great interpersonal skills. You probably have at least three years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
- Experience in developing applications using .NET Framework and other Microsoft app development platforms
- Good understating of cloud-based development (Microsoft Azure PaaS experience preferred)
- Experience in database development using ORM (Entity Framework or nHibernate)
- Good understanding of designing and developing well-crafted software using agile and lean approach
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM and waterfall methodologies
- Additionally, if you have experience with Sitecore, Microsoft Power Platform this is desirable but not necessary
In addition to your salary, Avanade employees also receive:
- 5 annual “MyDays” in addition to Annual Leave
- Annual Wellbeing allowance and Gadget allowance
- Microsoft Certifications and career pathways
- 80 paid training hours per year
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Gender transition leave
*Benefits subject to change annually
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.