Manager/Senior Manager, CIO Advisory
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking an experienced technologist to join it’s UKI Tech Advisory Team, within the CIO advisory competency, as part of a rapidly growing Advisory business. You will have a wealth of experience in technology driven change initiatives, with understanding of the technology and digital transformation landscape, with ability to translate this succinctly into actionable advice and guidance for Senior Stakeholders, driving meaningful change and impact.
You will expand our Advisory capabilities and build our pipeline. You will support engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will (Key Responsibilities and activities):
In this role you will act as a senior advisor and assist our clients in successfully defining their technology strategy, investments, and operating models to support their business priorities. You will also be a key instrument and accelerator to the growth of our advisory business, contributing to practice development, sales pipeline development and sales growth, and contributing to overall practice maturity.
Advisory Client Work:
As a successful Manager/Group Manager, you will have the chance to:
- Work with senior client executives to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and analytical solutions.
- Plan and lead business diagnosis around IT and Digital Strategy; Guide advisory teams through problem definition, issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and previous experience.
- Write complete project proposals including shaping the proposed solution and collaborating with other Avanade individuals to secure new client work.
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams (and often leading teams) on large-scale, complex and important projects.
- Monitor technology trends and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise.
- Assist clients with the development of IT digital and operating model strategies including initial vision, strategic requirements, and structured linkage to the business strategy
- Translate ambiguous IT challenges into results by analyzing data and engaging with a diverse range of client stakeholders
- Support our clients through large and complex IT transformation resulting from strategic business changes, mergers and acquisitions and other business disruption; Assist clients with the realization of Business and IT strategies given resource and financial constraints
- Provide thought leadership and specialized insights to our clients around disruptive technologies (intelligent automation, cloud), digital, mobile, agile delivery, architecture, etc.
- Manage and facilitate development of client deliverables, executive summary read-outs, and detail fact-based analyses
Practice Development & Growth
As a successful Manager/Group Manager, you will be expected to contribute to the growth and development of the Tech Advisory Practice. This will include:
- Collaborate and lead on Go to Market (GTM) offering and service creation, from ideation and concept through to development and sales enablement
- Proactively manage and seek to grow sales pipeline through collaborating industry aligned sales teams, understanding typical industry challenges and positioning relevant Advisory services and capabilities
- Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach colleagues within and outside of the practice to lift and grow the overall maturity of the Advisory business
You've got demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client at a senior level. You have experience in sales; pre-sales and consulting and have a good understanding of Application and Infrastructure technologies and trends, along with associated operating model concepts and facets such as ITSM principles / ITIL processes, with a knowledge of cloud technologies and adoption. Some knowledge of the Microsoft eco-system preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting / advisory with a solid focus on technology and digital strategy, CIO Advisory Services, Digital Transformation, Technology and IT Strategy, Sourcing and Contract Optimization, Strategic Transformation.
- Experience within one or more of our key sectors: Financial Services, Retail, Construction, Oil & Gas, Water and Renewables.
- Expertise and experience with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles and Experience in leading IT strategy engagements, and contributing to sales pursuits and proposal writing required.
- Previous experience working on multiple workstreams /engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent & Project & Budget Management responsibilities.
- Experience of advising and delivering Applications & Infrastructure projects e.g. CIO strategy & IT strategy, IT operating model, emerging technology transformation or cloud transformation assessments.
- Ability to translate business requirements and work with solution architects to translate into plausible technical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
At Avanade, we are truly excited about the growth and trajectory of our Advisory business. We are seeking the right candidate to join a truly dynamic and rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. We’re excited to meet you.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.