Manager, Modern Workplace Architecture
Area of expertise:
As a Modern Workplace Engineer or Architect, your focus is on communication and collaboration systems, and workplace services including desktop solutions, collaboration technologies, voice solutions and enablement of secure remote working environments.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, your responsibilities include upgrades, migrations and evergreen scenarios. Your primary focus is on Microsoft technologies and implementations in enterprise environments. Additionally, you apply your expertise in technical and consulting knowledge to advise clients on proper governance to ensure stability, and to enable them to evolve their environments to support changing business requirements.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
• Microsoft365, Windows 10 (incl. WVD/VDI), Intune/SCCM, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), SharePoint, Teams, Skype for Business
• Session initiation protocol, video conferencing systems, network assessment and troubleshooting, load balancing and virtualization
• Microsoft/Office 365 Security - Azure ATP, DLP, AIP, Windows Defender ATP
• Azure AD, Azure AD PIM
• PowerShell and other scripting languages
• Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
• Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
• Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with global teams on projects
• Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
• Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
• Advanced skills and experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning
• Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
• Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
• Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
Desired certifications to be determined by hiring manager in partnership with Market Unit/Talent Community
Preferrred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
5+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
3+ years of experience working with global teams
Scope of Work:
Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
• Timeliness, accuracy and quality of team work
• Chargeability and training targets
• Project and annual goals
• Managing integration of collective work products to align with operational objectives and drive strategic execution
• People management responsibilities
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.