Manager, Data Science
Area of expertise:
As a Manager, Data Science, you will manage the development of analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Data & AI to solve some of their most pressing challenges. We are looking for experienced data scientists with extensive hands-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modeling, and software development, proven scientific research skills, and technical leadership as well as commercial experience required to apply these skills in a consulting-based project environment.
- Assessment of client requirements and the design of solutions to address them based on data analysis, data science, technology, and business process design.
- Financial business case development.
- Data science project and resource planning.
- Program leadership including delivery team leadership and stakeholder management.
- Development of operating models and strategies for clients in analytics and data science.
- Provision of advice to clients on approaches to solving complex business problems through the application of technology and data analysis.
- Mentoring of more junior team members in data science, consulting, and advisory skills.
- Supporting the development of the company brand through participation in communities, blogs, forums, or other public domains under the headline of data science, analytics, or related topics.
- Significant experience in the design and build of data science solutions for customers.
- Experience selecting the architecture that services clients need with the balance of costs, capability, and risk to meet the client’s business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Strong understanding of the value proposition(s) associated with AI, Data, PaaS (Azure PaaS is a plus!), and DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analytics.
- Experience in data analytics, BI, data warehousing, a data platform development or other relevant hands-on technical experience.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, streaming data, IoT, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and related topical analytics fields.
- Understanding of data science methodologies and the processes of data scientists follow in problem-solving.
- Significant experience in implementing/deploying in Azure/AWS/GCP
- Able to manage teams across multiple projects.
- Comfortable actively engaging and leading sales and business development opportunities with clients.
- The extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience and skills in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and a deep understanding of analytics.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or statistics.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK).
- Experience with big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) and NoSQL stores.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib).
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- A solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimization and graph theory, and statistics.
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company-sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations, this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.