Managed Services Cloud Technology Specialist - Azure
Area of expertise:
Do you know what gold standard, client focused, business enhancing IT managed services look like?
So do we!
We are creating a new Managed Service Delivery Centre (MSDC) out of our beautiful new office in Ottawa, offering in-country, best in class service to our clients on their modernisation journey to Microsoft cloud.
This is an incredible opportunity to join this team from conception and help shape the scope and context for the centre. We are hiring a Managed Services Cloud Technology Specialist - AzureCloud Modernisation (Azure) Specialist who will work alongside Avanade leadership and sales teams to grow an industry leading managed services team.
About the role:
Cloud managed services of this scale will require you to be knowledgeable in the public cloud in general and Microsoft Azure in particular. Supporting the centre in Ottawa, the role can be remotely located elsewhere in Canada but, on account of the nature of our clients, eligibility for security clearance from the Canadian Government is essential.
- Work in partnership with the Avanade team to bring subject matter expertise to the MSDC, advising on the scope and impact of Azure related cloud technologies.
- Interact with centre operations, project leads and technical stakeholders
- Provide assistance with technical issues, escalations and resolution
- If not already achieved, work towards required Azure technical certification
- Keep up to date with technology trends
- You are an experienced technology consultant. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with non-technical clients and stakeholders
- With good communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions
- As a technical evangelist, you are committed to staying ahead of developments in the field, bringing thought leadership to the team and assist in identifying enhancement and opportunities
- You take pride in delivering at a consistently high standard
- You may have a track record in Consulting, but would welcome less travel or the the opportunity to adapt your expertise to managed services.
Your technical skillset includes but is not limited to:
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms, specific technical understanding in Azure is preferred.
- Knowledge of related cloud technologies (eg M365, D365, Intune etc)
- Knowledge of cloud foundational components such as identity and access management (IAM), security, governance, and compliance
- 5+ years of Information Technology field experience
- 3+ hands on experience in implementing and/or maintaining highly complex cloud environments
- Experience in cloud based managed services would be particularly beneficial.
- At least one recognized public cloud technical certification
Your non-technical (soft skills) experience includes:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (French would be beneficial)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to embrace change and flourish in a growing service area, adapting to new challenges and opportunities as they present.
- The Opportunity to join Microsoft Country Partner of the year in Canada 2021 and Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
- Attractive benefits package
- Exceptional development and training with paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers
- Reward and recognition program
*** Applicants must be eligible for security clearance as required ***
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.