Java Application Architect - Azure CoE
Area of expertise:
You are passionate with Cloud Native Application Development
You want to be part of a dynamic and agile work environment focusing on a growing business.
You want to share your daily work with passionate people to help our customer execute their Digital Transformation to the cloud by applying Microsoft standard and best practices.
This job description is for you to read!
As a part of the Global Azure Center of Excellence, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
As an Application Architect, you will have three major focus areas:
- Working with our market facing teams and clients to create software architecture blueprints and implementation roadmaps on our most strategic opportunities.
- Work with our delivery teams on complex deliveries, providing ongoing architecture design and interfacing with business teams
- You demonstrate innovation and ambitiousness to achieve success for our clients and establish Avanade as a leader in Enterprise Software Architecture and as a #1 Employer of Choice.
Day to Day you will:
- Participate in the project delivery, including as a senior developer on client engagements as part of a team
- Creating and evangelizing reference implementations for the most complex parts of large scale, distributed systems
- Contribute to evolve Avanade’s point of view on Software Architecture to establish thought leadership and eminence in the marketplace
- Establish and maintain relationships with technical leaders and influencers at key clients
- Contribute to solution planning and design efforts across teams and workstreams to shape client’s solution vision and deliver value
- Travel may be required when face-to-face interaction is critical to the work. Overall travel should be less than 50% of the time.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT Industry developing, architecting custom applications
- Deep understanding of and experience with cloud-native software architecture patterns/practices such as microservices, evolutionary architecture, event driven architecture, pub/sub and message driven systems, service-oriented architecture, data integration, API first approaches, DevOps.
- Development experience with Java technologies, experience in working with Spring Boot / Struts, Microservices, Event driven architectures
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, Struts 1 et 2, EJB, Webservices SOAP / Rest
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
- Developing and architecting cloud native applications and solutions (i.e., microservices, API Gateway, identity, and access management technologies like Oauth, SAML, big data and AI/ML solutions)
- Must have working experience with serverless computing, PaaS (i.e., container), and container orchestration (i.e., Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience rationalizing and applying those patterns in an Enterprise setting.
- Hands on experience on any Cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP/Pivotal) is highly desirable with willingness to work on Azure.
- General technical understanding of cloud platforms and supporting technologies, Microsoft Azure experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Possess solution design and delivery experience, ideally with strong consulting background
- Ability to shape technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC) through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs, especially when migrating from on-premises to Azure cloud.
- Experience in client facing roles and leading deep technical architecture discussions with all client stakeholders from Engineering to senior-level Client Executives
- Client-oriented attitude with the desire and ability to learn client business domains and partner with them to solve problems and drive innovation.
- Developer/Architect certifications or other architecture certifications such as TOGAF are highly desirable
- You must be able to write and review code using the appropriate design patterns and be able to mentor other developers in the same.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring ambitious, fresh thinking combined with technology, business, and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and versatile workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as hardworking as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.