Intelligent Automation (IA) Offering Lead
Area of expertise:
About the role
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? We are building teams of people like this to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next. We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative, and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other. Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - we are making life better for our clients and their customers.
Avanade is seeking an Intelligent Automation (IA) Lead for our rapidly growing United Kingdom & Ireland business!
As a recognised and respected IA Authority with responsibility for driving the offering from a revenue and sales perspective, you’ll serve as the face of our IA offerings internally and externally. Externally, as a strategic advisor for C-level clients, you'll provide expertise in how IA can transform their business and collaboratively define a solution. You will develop and contribute to industry thought leadership and evangelise client successes to make Avanade the undisputed leader and innovator in IA. Internally, you’re responsible for building Avanade’s IA practice, further developing and communicating our point of view as a champion in IA. You’ll lead the creation of new IA solutions from incubation of the most promising ideas to proof-of-concepts, through commercialisation and deployment of innovative business applications leveraging the latest tech.
Furthermore, as the IA Offering Lead, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance, and growth of the RPA, Cognitive, Virtual Agent, and broader IA services in UK & Ireland. You will support IA solutions for our clients from sales through to delivery with a keen focus on driving client outcomes. You will work closely with your peers, other regions, and Centre of Excellence to help drive offering development and growth. As a thought leader, you will transform and develop the existing capabilities, positioning Avanade as an innovator for customers and partners alike. You will also partner directly with our Accenture and Microsoft parent companies to help achieve these goals.
Business and Commercial:
- Strategy –working closely with the UKI Data & AI Solution Area Lead, Area and Global teams you will help develop the strategy for the IA Offering to achieve agreed revenue, growth, and organisational targets. Working in collaboration with teams in our Global Centre of Excellence, the wider organisation, and our partners you will contribute to and develop innovative solutions to the meet the needs of the marketplace.
- Financial – manage IA programmes to meet and exceed the overall Offering targets. Provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support local and Area processes.
- Delivery – ensure that IA programmes of work are managed effectively and in accordance with Avanade’s methodology. Act as an escalation point for Client delivery issues. Liaise with Talent Community and Delivery organisations to ensure the right resources and capability are in place for successful delivery of your solutions. Ensure strong customer satisfaction and appropriate follow-up to customer satisfaction survey results.
- Solutions – Leverage the existing Avanade solution set and foster harvesting to enhance Avanade differentiation. Collaborate with the Global Solution team to ensure Avanade solution strategy is fuelled with the right balance of field feed-back and strategic vision.
- Clients – working closely with the Avanade Sales teams and partner organisations help sell, implement, and support a portfolio of IA customers within the region. You will collaborate and educate Solution Architects and the Sales community to drive offerings to target clients.
- Alliance - act as main point of contact with local partners (e.g. UiPath & Blue Prism) and primarily Accenture and Microsoft, to review pipeline, educate on our offerings, and ensure IA is considered as part of proposed solutions with clients.
People & Organisation:
- People environment and development – work closely with the talent communities to identify priority skills, interview and select the right staff and provide knowledge transfer to ensure that Avanade has the skills and capabilities to best serve the UKI’s needs and operational standards. Also, support the IA hiring motions within the region to help grow the team.
- Collaboration – Maintain a strong and collaborative approach to working with your peers, both in the UKI and other regions; other Offering Leads and the Talent Communities. Collaborate with area to help contribute knowledge, skills and capability development to help drive the overall Avanade IA story both in the UKI and globally.
- Quality – working with Solution Architects and QA Directors to review deals, solutions and proposals before release to customer to help ensure that programmes of work meet our client’s objectives, are in accordance with Avanade’s methodologies and policies, and will deliver business value to our clients.
- Alliance - Partner with key IA Partners (UiPath, Blue Prism, etc.) and Accenture and Microsoft regional and Industry leadership to: create markets, educate on our offerings, develop the alliance and to identify and close business opportunities.
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You're adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In Addition, Your Professional Skillset Likely Includes:
- Extensive experience selling, architecting, and building IA led, preferably industry focused solutions.
- Sales and delivery experience with multi-site, offshore/onshore delivery models.
- Deep understanding and experience of IA tools and techniques including Process Mining, Robotics Process Automation, Cognitive Services, Virtual Agents, and ML (preferable).
- Understanding and experience with the Microsoft estate related to Power Platform and more specifically Power Automate and preferably the broader Data & AI/Azure cloud tech.
- Proven track record of positioning, closing and delivering IA centric use cases, value propositions and solutions including estimating and creating saleable commercial contracts.
- Working knowledge and experience of IA practices and processes including building industry relevant solutions.
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management.
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with offshore teams and delivery.
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction.
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- You will likely possess a Bachelor degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (engineering, data science, operations research, statistics or related).
- You will have relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management, and demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy.
Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.