Area of expertise:
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Avanade is recognized as a leading Microsoft security service partner!
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity? Distinctive experiences. Limitless learning. Ambitious growth. That’s what you get when you choose to join and build your career at Avanade. At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and status quo challengers. If you’re an experienced Cyber Defense consultant, who can help our clients solve complex Cyber Defense business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Fortune 500 companies don’t need more cybersecurity: they need better cybersecurity. That’s where you come in. Working with us, you can help to protect some of the world’s biggest companies and keep their assets safe and secure.
Want to move from Cloud Infrastructure to Cyber Security?
We are launching the next round of our Cybersecurity Institute, and we offer you the opportunity to be part of our Avanade Europe-wide academy. In collaboration with Microsoft, we provide security enthusiasts or those who want to become one to expand your skills on Microsoft’s security products to defend against threats.
This academy is ideal if you have:
- A solid experience in infrastructure/cloud and that you want to enrich your security skills.
- The desire to train on the Microsoft Azure Cloud and its security
- The desire to challenge yourself in a new business
You’re passionate about understanding or discovering security vulnerabilities and aspire to be the “Trusted Advisor.” You know all about identifying, providing, and validating the security requirements of IT solutions, and you’ve done this in a consulting environment. You’re a skilled communicator who can effectively articulate cybersecurity risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
You probably have a Bachelor's degree in technical disciplines such as (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, etc.) and preferably a Master's degree in Science or Engineering. Or you have equivalent work experience in consulting experience in systems and infrastructure engineering, focused on Cybersecurity.
Your critical part in this role
You recognize cybersecurity is the management of cyber risk associated with people, processes, technology, and data. You understand the risks businesses face and how to use the Microsoft Ecosystem to design “Zero Trust - Identity and Data-Centric” solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance. You’re an astute advisor on Security Transformation, Security Strategy, and Security Operations (SOC). As a Cyber Security Consultant, you can effectively lead technical and non-technical teams.
You work as part of the team to
- Carry out threat and risk assessments and develop security architecture to mitigate threats.
- Advise clients on the security implications of compliance and regulations such as OSFI, ISO, NIST, CIS, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, etc.
- Be the “Trusted Advisor” on best practices to protect information.
- Actively lead multiple engagements simultaneously and seamlessly.
- Mentor junior consultants.
- Actively seek and nurture opportunities for business development.
- Contribute to RFPs, scope security programs, and assist in closing sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in the development of cybersecurity offerings.
Your skills and experience include
- Having fluent communication skills in written and oral English and a Scandinavian language.
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats.
- Having knowledge of information security standards (OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, etc.)
- Being proficient in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls, and programming languages.
- Giving effective advice in large-scale technology projects while working at all levels - with clients and your team.
Strong technical skills to design and implement Azure Security services with hands-on experience on several, but not all, of the items outlined below:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500)
- GIAC Certified
Don't see the exact right opening for you right now? Send us your information at Candidate Community and we can stay in touch and let you know when such a position does come available. Follow us on Avanade Norway LinkedIn, we post all our openings there.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.