IT Service Owner
Area of expertise:
An IT Service Owner is responsible for working directly with business stakeholders to understand business needs and pain points in an effort to help determine/design how IT can enable those needs. This role leverages their own technical knowledge, knowledge from SME’s and experts and often 3rd party providers to shape, design, deliver and operate IT capabilities that put the user at the center of the experience.
Day-to-day, you will,
- Be the primary IT contact for your business stakeholders and support rhythm of business activities, including, providing status on current initiatives, understanding current needs and pain points and planning for upcoming business priorities and programs.
- Develop and manage IT delivery project plans, outlining key milestones and dependencies, resource needs, timelines, etc…
- Participate in 3rd party technology vendor management – making sure our 3rd party tools are meeting the business needs over time.
- Coordinate risk and compliance reviews of new solutions and updates to existing solutions.
- Partner with Solution Architects to research and design possible IT solutions (in house and 3rd party) that meet the needs of the business and are consistent with our technical roadmap, standards, and policies.
- Provide active input in design thinking sessions to shape “art of the possible” solutions based on business and technology needs.
- Assist in the development of IT capability strategies, roadmaps and blueprints working with solution architects and technical experts.
You are a results-oriented leader and self-starter with attention to detail. You are comfortable working in a primarily virtual environment including working with teams across the globe. You are a fast-learner and a creative thinker. You have experience delivering IT projects in complex environments and matrixed organizations. You can drive change in unstructured environments. You can think and work systematically and logically. You are excited about working with a global technology leader focused on using Microsoft technology to solve business-critical problems keeping a keen focus on user experience and overall employee experience. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
- Experience shaping IT strategies (ideally with a focus on Microsoft capabilities) and delivering complex IT programs/solutions.
- Experience operating IT capabilities
- Savvy analysis and problem-solving skills and strong networking skills
- Stakeholder management experience with a customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information to both technical and non-technical with stakeholders
Your technical skill set likely includes the following:
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile)
- Proficient in Microsoft O365 platform tools (Teams, SharePoint, PowerBI, PowerPlatform)
- Experience in other 3rd party IT vendor solutions.
Your business skill set likely includes the following:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good internal client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- You will likely have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, business or technology-related field preferred.
Colorado Applicants only: As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Avanade provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 and 125,000 and information on benefits offered is here.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.