Area of expertise:
As the HR Generalist/Consultant, Business HR, you will be the face of people in newly opened Avanade location in Warsaw. Our HR focus in 2021 is on our Employees’ Experience, Future Leaders’ and Culture of Growth, with a keen eye on process. Reporting into the HR Lead in Poland and working closely with our management in Italy and Poland, you will support Avanade Consulting with a wide range of ‘people’ practices that drive employee engagement, you will play an integral role in the development of our managers and people, and you will help to design, develop and manage our unique culture.
You bring a progressive, innovative and ‘thinking outside of the box’ style to HR, not afraid to challenge the Status-Quo. You will be responsible for developing and sharing best practices, drive innovative ideas to develop, implement, and improve our people processes and services.
In your first year at Avanade Consulting, you can look forward to working on the following projects:
- You will join brand new Avanade entity in Poland and you are expected to actively participate in shaping excellent and unique work environment for our people, supporting management in implementation of human resource processes and cooperating with HR team members in maintaining employment compliance
- We just released a global strategy Ambition 2025. Your job will be to partner with the senior management and assist them to carry out, improve and recommend ‘people’ initiatives that are in line with our larger business objectives. You will also be responsible for measuring and evaluating these initiatives, ensuring they are implemented and running consistently.
Besides all that extra fun you will also be responsible for day-to-day HR in Warsaw and for the smooth execution of:
- Employee Relations: You must have a solid history of successful E.R. issue resolution with a demonstrated ability to balance employee advocacy and the well-being of the company. You will be adept a building relationships at all levels. You will be in the know and will support your colleagues and resolve issues appropriately.
- Career Development: You will be local ambassador of Forward Together – Avanade’s performance management process, meeting with managers to discuss and increase employee engagement, coach managers on performance issues and work with them on career guidance and growth of their people.
- Immigration: You will work with your HR colleagues to support the immigration process for employees transferring between offices and support the process for incoming employees (visa’s, settlement & onboarding). You will be working with external immigration vendors to support the immigration process in most cases.
- Employment Law: You will be the local thought leader for things related to local labor law. Managers and employees will come to you with questions that you need to be confident in answering. You will handle employment documentation in your location and backup HR Personnel Administrator during absences.
- HR Programs: You will be responsible for running our onboarding, exit, relocation, training, tenure and executive presence programs. Continuously working towards improving our programs by measuring their effectiveness.
- Event Planning: You will use your event planning skills to a maximum while you are here, ensuring that our employee’s social calendars are never empty. And get your party pants on because your presence will be required.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal oriented, and driven by Integrity.
- You are an analytical and conceptual thinker – we work in technology after all.
- Our ideal candidate will be customer-service oriented with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels.
- Since you will be part remote HR department, your willingness to be a hands-on individual contributor is a must.
- You will have at least 5 years of Human Resources experience encompassing all of the areas required for this role, and at least one year of your experience will have been in HR Generalist/ Personnel Administration. If you don’t have this much experience but are awesome, then you should still apply. We hire for attitude and aptitude over experience – convince us why we should hire you!
- Any experience of working within a consultancy and/or technology environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to use discretion when offering guidance on confidential issues, with a good dose of common sense and sound judgment.
- You will be an amazing presenter with the ability to facilitate training programs and confidently present HR updates to senior management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects whilst being able to handle numerous inbound requests and prioritizing these accordingly.
- We are not a stuffy HR department, our global team rocks! We like our employees and we think of ourselves as the gatekeepers of culture. We are very involved with everything that happens at Avanade and we partner well with the management team. Employees like us and appreciate us.
- HR designation and/or a related degree would be essential.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.