Group Manager, Business Outcomes Advisory Practice - Canada
Area of expertise:
About Avanade’s Advisory Practice
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other. We bring strategic advice to empower process agility, provide business insight, and drive business transformation.
Want the speed and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Avanade is seeking a Group Manager to expand our Business Outcomes Advisory capabilities. You will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. Previous management consulting experience is necessary to be successful in this role.
As part of our Business Outcomes Advisory practice, you’ll help our clients realize business transformation, empower business process agility, and provide business insight. The Advisory team provides strategic advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive business transformation. We deliver our broad range of Advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
Day-to-Day/Key Role Responsibilities are:
- Lead/support Business Outcomes Practice on client engagements, responsible for the project management and associated deliverables
- Key engagement responsibilities may include:
Create Strategy AssessmentsDefine Vision & RoadmapsCreate Business Value Case deliverablesProvide data driven informational workshops and presentationsAssess/ document current processes and define target operating modelLead Tech / Vendor evaluation and selection
- Identify trends and strategies for Digital Enterprise solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
- Create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader endgame, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
- Lead/assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics
- Contribute to internal offering development and practice-building efforts
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ or more years of Management Consulting experience with a top management or IT professional services firms and experience working on engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment
- Previous project and people management experience, responsible for deliverables and some budget responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholder’s goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to develop and mentor others as well as collaborate with technical resources
- Project work applying emerging technologies to transform business' core operations, employee experiences, and business models
- Developed and cultivated senior client relationships in Business streams, Technology and Line of Business domains
- Deep industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Advanced degree in related field desirable
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Well-versed in new technology-enablement and transformation leadership to help clients assess, build, transform and operationalize new capabilities Understanding of the Microsoft technology eco-system and how it can be used to transformation businesses
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.