GRC Data Protection Lead
Area of expertise:
- BE A POINT OF CONTACT FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS & PROVIDE DATA PROTECTION EXPERTISE
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of data privacy laws applicable within Avanade.
- To act as lead subject matter expert within the DPO Network especially related to Avanade-specific business activities to identify inherent data privacy risk and required privacy reviews or assessment.
- To escalate significant data privacy risks and report on issues to the DPO in accordance with specified criteria from time to time.
- MONITOR COMPLIANCE & HELP MAINTAIN PRIVACY CONTROLS
- To determine applicability and oversee implementation of controls within Avanade in accordance with the guidance of the DPO to mitigate data privacy risk.
- To undertake periodic monitoring of data privacy controls, following a risk-based approach.
- To drive engagement and awareness of data privacy requirements within Avanade through training and communications.
- To implement, manage and collaborate on requirements according to ISO27701 in relation to Accenture’s Data Privacy Management System (DPMS).
- Actively contribute to information security and data privacy policies & standards, control objectives and program investments to maintain compliance with regulatory, contractual, and internal requirements.
- Support, communicate, and assist in deployment of data privacy processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to information protection and develop and implement appropriate processes to keep compliance and reduce legal liabilities.
- Drive the identification and maintenance of information security and data privacy control objectives.
- Assist with the management of information security and data privacy activities.
- Provide expertise and guidance around security and primarily data privacy issues and recommend solutions to mitigate and eliminate compliance risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or compensating military experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of IT, compliance, data privacy or audit experience.
- Extensive experience working with information security and data privacy regulations.
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal).
Take initiative delivering timely results and supporting multiple tasks and projects of varying scope and scale.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (O365) products e.g., Word, Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to conduct effective root cause analysis and develop workable remediation strategies.
- Willingness to share knowledge/expertise and assist others supporting common goals and strategies.
- Ability to handle ambiguous situations and execute upon a direction.
- Exhibit team building, team participation, and a growth mindset.
- Present to various levels within the organization in a concise and organized manner (from managers to executive/Leadership).
- Experience with and/or configuration of the OneTrust Data Mapping and Assessment module.
- Deep understanding of data privacy and protection standards, preferably worked in a similar role in a multi-national company, security, and legal background a plus.
- Hold or willing to obtain industry recognized certification such as Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified GRC Professional (GRCP), OneTrust Certified Professional, CISSP, CIPP/E, CIPM, or CISM.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.