Full Stack Developer
Area of expertise:
We are looking for a highly experienced software engineer with cloud experience (preferably Azure) to join our growing Australian Software Engineering team.
As a .NET Developer and consultant, you focus on crafting, developing, and testing critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You will work on a variety of new software development projects, as well as maintaining existing applications when required, and you’re happy to share your programming knowledge to support your colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging, high profile customer base across many exciting and challenging projects. This position develops and tests enterprise solutions including mobile and web applications, web services and integrations, and collaboration portals.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results. This is the role that you know will steer your professional career in the right direction.
Day to day responsibilities
- Collaborate in all the different project phases, from defining technical, operational and user requirements, through to planning, quality control and testing
- Build conceptual architecture and develop solution options that match your clients’ requirements
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the Quality Engineers.
- Create technical and functional/end-user operational documentation for the software or system.
- Engage with offshore and global teams
Technical and non-technical skills
- Developing with core Microsoft back-end technologies including .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, WebAPI/WCF, and SQL Server
- Developing native Azure solutions (IaaS, PaaS, DevOps)
- Experience developing in SharePoint and Office365 or Dynamics 365 is desirable but not mandatory
- Working with agile and waterfall-based delivery methodologies
- Application development, complex code development, application testing and component design
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed, including global and offshore teams for delivery
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Up to 3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- Applicants must hold Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Ability to travel domestically as required
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.