Enterprise Technology Architect – Australian Citizenship Required
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy solving the toughest problems and leading high performing teams? So do we!
Digital disruption is opening up more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers and accelerate the realisation of business value. That's what we'd love you to do for us. With your strong business experience, vision, and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking and re-imagine operating models, we can open up fantastic career opportunities for you.
You are an experienced, passionate, and client-focused Microsoft technologist, with well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills. You are comfortable providing advice to senior customer decision-makers, collaborating with your peers in customer architectural teams, and leading teams of technical implementers to successfully deliver outstanding solutions that delight your customers.
About the Role
As an Enterprise Technology Architect at Avanade, you drive the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise solutions across multiple technology towers and disciplines. You shape client architectural roadmaps and provide expert guidance and advice. You design and estimate compelling technology solutions during the pre-sales cycle and provide technical leadership to the delivery team during the implementation phases. You work across the different solution areas within Avanade, tying them together to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, cohesive, and innovative responses to our customer’s most pressing and challenging problems.
Within a Collaborative, High-Performance Environment, You Will:
- Originate, develop, and grow enduring client relationships.
- Be known for your “client-centric” approach and delivery excellence.
- Develop solution plans and overall strategic vision.
- Build, leverage, and maintain successful industry partnerships with our parent companies (Accenture and Microsoft).
- Collaborate with client leadership and technology teams to provide strategic guidance and help them achieve their immediate and long-term business goals.
- Lead quality assurance (QA) activities from design to the implementation phase.
- Provide technical leadership to both customers stakeholders and Avanade staff.
- Establish collaborative relationships with Solution Architects in other parts of the business within Avanade and Accenture.
Experience Required for Success:
- Track record of developing and growing exceptional client relationships with a reputation for delivering a "best in class" end-to-end client experience.
- A passion for driving business technology solutions.
- Demonstrated people leadership, “leading by influence”, and effective peer teaming expertise in large, multinational organisations with globally distributed teams.
- Experience with the decision-making process and policies involved in a large, complex matrixed organisation.
- Experience assessing and managing the opportunities and risks associated with large scale complex services & consulting engagements.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry-standard business practices.
- Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong expertise across the Azure platform.
- A solid foundation in software and IT systems development featuring web applications, APIs, data platforms.
- Extensive consulting experience and highly developed soft and customer engagement skills.
- Knowledge spanning the Azure, Power Platform and Microsoft 365 clouds and the ability to tie them together to efficiently solve pressing customer problems.
- Knowledge of cloud architectures and design patterns, and of hybrid cloud design principles.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and their implementation.
- Familiarity with Domain-driven design principles, microservices, and event-driven architectures.
- An understanding of DevSecOps principles.
- Extensive experience in designing and estimating solutions for commercial proposals.
- Extensive experience leading technical delivery and architectural teams.
- You will bring industry knowledge in at least one of the following industries: health, public services, banking, and financial services, resources, energy, retail & consumer goods, manufacturing or not-for-profit.
Other Favourable Attributes:
- Australian citizenship, with Baseline security clearance (or willingness to apply)
- Working knowledge of non-Microsoft cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Current Microsoft professional certifications.
- A solid foundation in Agile / Scrum methodologies, Scrum Master certification.
- TOGAF 9.2 certification or similar.
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave – 18 weeks
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.