Energy & Utilities Lead, Digital Advisory
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
As part of our Digital Advisory practice, you’ll open our client’s eyes to the opportunities and challenges presented by the Microsoft ecosystem guiding them as we help transform their business. The Advisory team provides strategic advice and uses technology advancements (e.g., data and analytics, intelligent automation, ERP/CRM etc.) to drive digital transformation. We deliver our broad range of Advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
As an Energy & Utilities Advisory Lead, you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will
- Work with senior client executives to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and analytical solutions.
- Work with our portfolio of exciting Energy & Utilities clients to support them in driving innovation through new technologies, new business models and new ways of working that add value.
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation.
- Write complete project proposals including shaping the proposed solution and collaborating with other Avanade individuals to secure new client work.
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams (and often leading teams) on large-scale, complex and important projects.
- Monitor technology trends and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise.
- 6+ years of consulting or industry relevant experience.
- Demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client.
- Previous project and people management experience, responsible for deliverables and project /budget responsibilities, including deadlines, costs and talent.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing client’s goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions. Knowledge of one or more of the following transformation design capabilities; operating model design, customer experience strategy & design, business process reengineering, business case development and/or enterprise function (Finance & HR) consulting.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary team.
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Application of Design Thinking principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of groundbreaking technologies e.g. artificial intelligence, 5G, Internet of Things, machine learning, blockchain etc.
- Experience building prototypes.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.