London, Manchester, Newcastle
Area of expertise:
Infrastructure / Unified Communications
Modern Workplace Architect, Group Manager – apply today!
• Enjoy developing long lasting working relationships with clients in some of the biggest household names in the world, across a variety of industries?
• Dream of delivering innovative, tailored modern IT solutions that truly make a difference?
• Wish to work with a team where your individual skills and experience are recognised and valued?
• Have an innate passion for technology - a thirst for knowledge and learning new skills?
If any of these statements struck a chord with you, you need to get in touch with us!
Avanade are looking for a Modern Workplace Solutions Architect, Group Manager level to join our rapidly growing infrastructure team. You will become part of our diverse and accomplished Infrastructure community, working with the latest Microsoft 365 technologies, helping deliver high quality, bespoke solutions to our clients. The role is a customer facing role, so travel across the UK is a huge part of this role.
Note: We are not able to accept applications from those requiring Visa/Work permit sponsorship. Applicants must already be eligible to live and work in UK.
About our team:
The Infrastructure team play an instrumental part in doing what Avanade does best: we design and run the foundational core of our innovative digital solutions for our clients, working with them to transform their businesses for the future.
We are a friendly, enthusiastic, and diverse bunch of people, currently 125 strong and growing. We would love to bring on more people who are just as passionate for technology as we are; people that love to learn new skills and grow their careers, all while enjoying a good work-life balance and a good social life after work.
Come and work with the best Microsoft technologists. Be part of a team that innovates and develops revolutionary solutions for our clients, delivering tomorrows technology today.
About you as our new Workplace Solution Architect/End User Architect :
You will have a proven foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies, but more specifically you will be able to demonstrate prior experience and a level of subject matter expertise in large scale desktop transformation and deployment projects (10,000+ seats) where organizations have implemented large scale business impacting workplace transformation programs.
If you the experience as listed below, then apply today!
• Strong client leadership and engagement skills up to C-level
• 50% of your time will be project chargeable where you will be delivering solutions to the customer and 50% will be spent on pre-sales, providing support to sales, and bid team by developing customer proposals and statements of work.
• You will advise the customer on the right solution for their situation, calling on your extensive experience and your understanding of their business.
• You are a natural leader, coaching customers, and other members of the Avanade team.
• You are flexible and agile in your approach, able to adapt to changing requirements, schedules and priorities as is common in workplace transformations.
• You understand common workplace challenges and can build creative solutions using the varied tools at your disposal.
• Working across Market Units, as well as within Infrastructure to deliver the right solution for the customer.
• You have excellent writing, planning, budgeting, estimating and presentation skills.
Experience you will have to join us as a as a Workplace Solution Architect/ End User Architect:
• Solid and proven track record of experience and understanding end user technology architectures, including infrastructure, security, data, network, security, devices and collaboration.
• Experience is solution development, effort estimation and project experience of Windows 10, SCCM, application readiness, Office 365 and end user computing technologies to enable a successful Microsoft workplace deployment.
• Strong strategic insights, good market awareness (technology and industry) and understanding of emerging disruptive trends. You are able to articulate and enact strategic vision on behalf of Avanade and our customers.
• The ability to determine business strategies, principles and requirements, scope, design and implement desktop upgrade, standardisation, and rollout projects - acting as the lead solution architect.
• Extensive experience writing the RFP/RFI/RFT response and presenting to customers as part of the process.
• Accountable for developing High Level Architecture Blueprints that define the target architecture for new services that will be consumed by the integrated bank
• Work closely with the new business teams to identify professional services opportunities and qualify customer requirements early in the sales cycle.
• Work closely with the account and service management teams to identify professional services opportunities within existing accounts
• Engage directly with customers, often on speculative/pre RFP requirements, to understand their business challenges and translate these into technology requirements
• Developing customer proposals, statements of work, supporting cost models and defining proof of concept engagements where appropriate
• Providing support to sales and bid team colleagues for the completion of bid responses including, Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, and Pre-qualification Questionnaires
Some of the benefits we offer are:
• Private Medical Cover, Car Allowance, LTI and STI, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
• Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
• A dedicated Career Advisor to coach you and support your progression within the company
• Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in your growth
• A genuine focus on you as an individual – we help you discover your true potential and support you in growing your career and horizons.
• 12-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year.
• 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology.
• 90-plus Microsoft partner awards.
• 18 Gold Competencies.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business, and industry expertise to create solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 38,000 digitally connected people across 26 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.