Data Visualization Engineer (SQL, Power BI, Azure Analysis Services)
Area of expertise:
Data Visualization Engineer builds the Dashboards and Reports to provide insights to management. Should have experience working on Power BI tool, understand the usage of various chart types based on data set to be presented.
Experience: 4-6 years overall experience and at least 3 years working as Dashboards and Reports developer using Power BI or equivalent BI tool
Skills: Azure Data Platform tools, SQL DB, Power BI components, Analysis services
· Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights
· Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
· Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and consistently monitor those
· Analyzing data and present data through reports that aid decision-making
· Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timeline to accomplish
· Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
· Chart creation and data documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations
· Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics
· Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
· Analyze current ETL process, define and design new systems
· Redefine and make technical/strategic changes to enhance existing Business Intelligence systems
· Create customize charts and custom calculations as per requirements
· SQL querying for best results, use of filters and graphs for better understanding of data
· Work with users and team members at all levels for performance improvement and suggestions
· Masters/Bachelor’s in computer science/Engineering, Business Analytics, Information System, or other related disciplines.
· Proficient in Power BI components, Azure Data Platform
· Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player.
· Good to have:
· Understanding of statistical modelling, machine learning, or data mining, text mining concepts and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
· Experienced in big data techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark) is a plus.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.