Data Strategy Architect
Area of expertise:
Believe you can make things happen? So do we!
At Avanade, we bring technology, business needs and human experiences to life. Our Advisory team develops practical digital and data transformation strategies that drive value now, while being flexible to respond to customer and business changing needs.
Our clients need your boldest inspirations to unlock their potential and own what’s next. We are committed to helping our clients accelerate progress, creating momentum through our focus on business outcomes, human interactions and relationships, and the delivery of high-performance technology solutions. To support the growth of our team we’re looking for a curious, collaborative and capable consultant who can partner with our clients to unlock the full value of their data.
As a Data Strategy Architect in our Advisory practice, you know your clients’ needs inside and out. You have a unique ability to come at their problems from every angle, and you work with them side-by-side from the earliest groundwork to the final experience. Day-to-day, you’ll work on high-impact strategic data engagements with people who have a passion for delivering results for our clients and their customers. As your career progresses you will develop to become a trusted advisor to our clients based on your industry eminence and consulting expertise. You will work with and alongside deep technology specialists that are famous for creating new possibilities through digital, data, technology, workplace and organisational change outcomes.
About the Job
As a Data Strategy Architect, we’re looking to you to partner with your colleagues and clients to help them become data-led organisations. You will collaborate with your colleagues and clients to direct and define data strategies for leading enterprise clients. To do this, you will apply and develop your sector knowledge, critical-thinking and core consulting skills to develop strategic data assets through technology uplift, data democratisation, and value creation.
In this role, you will play a key role in:
· Setting the strategic direction with our clients to realise their goals
· Be known for your “client-centric” approach and delivery excellence, and develop, and grow exceptional internal and external client relationships.
· Define data strategies, providing a target state and comprehensive roadmap aligned to clients’ business needs, including elements such as use case(s) definition and business case development
· Engage clients’ leadership and key stakeholders in strategic discussions to provide outstanding technical strategy and industry guidance to improve their long-term business goals.
· Provide thought leadership and guidance related to operating models, data management and data governance practices to support our clients in managing and realising value from their data investments.
· Help clients understand short and long-term change implications of technology shifts across policy, people, process, and platform dimensions
· Supporting the delivery of organisation-wide change initiatives that result from data strategies
· Explore and explicitly elaborate upon the commercial implications and impacts arising from your recommendations to enable your clients to fund transformation ambitions
· Advise, guide, and coach client business and technology teams to drive the implementation of your recommendations
· Provide leadership within the digital enterprise team, guiding and coaching more junior team members
· Uplift Avanade’s advisory capability by coaching and developing advisory talent through proactive contributions to thought leadership, asset development and communities of practice
· Establish relationships with Solution Architects in the Analytics practice and other parts of the business within Avanade and Accenture to collaborate on client solutions.
· Contribute to Avanade’s sustained growth by proactively contributing to business development opportunities and pursuits
· You have a good understanding of technology, yet ensure customer and business needs are at the core of every solution
· You work with leaders and teams to define experience strategies that are used to inform operational and technology agendas, including developing business plans and business cases accordingly
· You use research and data to inform insights that drive strategic opportunities
· You are a curious, collaborative and capable consulting professional working with clients to establish people-centric business strategies that brings together design, strategy and technology to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational and organisational level
· Passionate about working collaboratively to helping clients mobilise and implement strategic recommendations
· You have a deep understanding of data considerations in the enterprise from business value drivers through architecture, platform technologies, data management and governance, operating models and insights.
To be successful you will be client led, impact-driven and client focused and have a passion for people, with an enthusiasm for diving into challenges at the intersection of business process, people and technology – and a demonstrated track record of delivering outcomes through digital technology.
At this point in your career you will have at least 5+ years of experience in data domain architecture and/or enterprise architecture, ideally with:
· Experience creating a fact-base of data to analyse and derive insights to inform strategies, including the ability to lead and conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping to develop insights as part of developing roadmaps, strategy and delivering advisory engagements.
· A history of solving complex business challenges and leaning in to understanding the client’s broader commercial or business strategic needs
· Demonstrable skills in analysing and understanding a variety of problems experienced by medium to large-scale organisations from strategy to implementation
· Demonstrated people leadership, “leading by influence”, and effective peer teaming expertise in large, multinational organizations with globally distributed teams.
· A track record of delivering project work streams and deliverables through your skills in coordination, focus on outcomes, clear communication and empathy for people across different backgrounds
· Experience in the design and implementation of data operating models, and the design and application of data management and data governance processes, frameworks, standards, and architectures
· Applied experience designing architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data and analytics solutions, preferably using Azure cloud data technologies.
· Knowledge of data architecture patterns, Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
· Familiarity with modern development practices.
· A knack for explaining complex technologies, analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language.
· The ability to evolve, conceptualise and communicate new ideas using storytelling techniques.
· You likely have an undergraduate degree in business consulting, computer science or related fields, and have a demonstrated curiosity for new knowledge with relevant post-graduate certifications.
What it’s like to work with us
At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our advisory team is expanding and there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career. You will be supported by our seasoned leadership team who will encourage you, challenge you and advocate for you.
Often working in compact teams, individuals can have a significant impact on our client relationships, market offerings, and your fellow team members.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when you need to get on top of your life admin!) as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.