Area of expertise:
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
Data Scientists in Avanade are involved in the development of real-life predictive solutions to be embedded in the business processes of our customers. The main focus of the data scientist role is the development and deployment of predictive models, however, as a consultant you will also require business analysis skills, as you will be expected to analyse and scope client’s requirements, propose and design the solution and articulate that design and its value to the customer.
This role at Avanade is a critical part of the broader technical team including data scientists, engineers, architects, project managers, technical experts and other consultants. Data Scientists at Avanade often have an industry focus, however, are expected to be able to pick up challenges across industry and apply their experience to solve them.
The role focuses on analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for our customers. We are looking for data scientists with hand-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modelling and software development, proven scientific research skills and technical leadership.
- Develop machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical models and solutions using Python and R.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business stakeholders.
- Engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of projects on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Develop solution prototypes and deliver demonstrations of these to client teams.
- Help to define the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint.
- Support blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Commercial or academic experience in developing ML & AI solutions using Python.
- In depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in developing solutions in the cloud (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Capabilities in the areas of data engineering, data modelling and complex big data analysis.
- Hands-on experience in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Business facing with the skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Advanced degree (PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK).
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib).
- Algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- Understanding of or experience in software engineering best practices, DevOps and MLOps.
- Solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimisation and graph theory, and statistics.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.