Data Science Consultant
Area of expertise:
Do you view data as an art and a science? So do we.
How we support you:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, hotel and travel discounts, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental, and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
As an Industry Data Scientist, you will help clients understand and extract insight and value from their data using Machine Learning and AI techniques. Working as part of a team, you're involved in all phases of analytics projects including question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing. This role will explore and understand data and build advanced solutions that could be predictive, prescriptive, or optimize. You are able to translate client problems into quantitative language, find or build algorithms to solve those problems and implement them in code. You will be working on full data science pipeline, bringing solutions from research to production.
• Lead and run a small team of data scientists
• Deliver data science insights using statistical, data mining, and machine and deep learning
• Understand client needs and build solutions for them
• Provide thought leadership for projects and about leading technologies
• Keep up-to-date on AI trends
Here’s what you need:
• 5+ years of demonstrated ability using statistics and data science
• Proven track record developing machine learning using clustering, regression, optimization, recommendation, and neural networks, among other techniques
• 2+ years of experience with data science tools like Python, R, Scala, Julia, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy, or Tableau
• Proficiency in SQL.
• Strong vision and critical thinking
• Contribute new ideas and challenge the status quo when appropriate
• Form and motivate the team at the different stages of growth
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for problem-solving
• Experience working with cloud services like AWS, Google, and Azure
• Ability to travel to client locations
Bonus points if:
• You’ve got a master’s degree in a related field
• You’ve worked as a consultant on big data projects
• You’re passionate, creative, and forward-thinking
• You know how to use big data tools like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.