Data Engineer (SQL, Synapse, Power BI)
Area of expertise:
Data Engineer builds the Data Ingestion and ETL components for the data migration project. Expertise in any of industry standard ETL tool such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory or Data Stage is required.
Experience: 4-6 years overall experience and at least 3 years working as Data Engineer
Skills: ETL tools, Databases such as Teradata or SQL Server, Azure, Azure Data Factory, SQL
1. Engage in both exploratory data analysis to identify trends and data patters
2. Perform data preparation and data cleaning part of data migration project.
3. Understand Source data and support Source to Target mapping rules
4. Design and implement the ETL framework for the data warehouse
5. Build the Data Ingestion framework and ingest data from source files to load into Staging layer
6. Perform data profiling and identify any data quality issues and report to source systems
7. Using best practices build the ETL components as per mapping rules to move data into ODS; SOR layer and Data marts
8. Ensure the ETL jobs are set up; configured and scheduled
9. Perform Unit testing on ETL components built and provide unit test results. Support System Integration testing and User Acceptance testing and fix any issues
1. Masters/Bachelor’s in computer science/Engineering, Business Analytics, Information System, or other related disciplines.
2. Proficient in ETL tools such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory is required
4. Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player.
5. Good to have:
6. Deep understanding of statistical modelling, machine learning, or data mining, text mining concepts and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
7. Experienced in big data techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark) is a plus.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.