Data & Digital Architect, Grp Manager
Area of expertise:
Believe you can make things happen? So do we!
At Avanade, we bring technology, business needs and human experiences to life. Our Advisory team develops practical digital and data transformation strategies that drive value now, while being flexible to respond to customer and business changing needs. To support the growth of our team we’re looking for a curious, collaborative and capable strategist who can partner with our clients to unlock the full value of their data and digital technologies.
About the Job
As a Data and Digital Architect, we’re looking to you to partner with your colleagues and clients to direct and define strategies to help our leading clients become digital and data-led organisations. Day-to-day, you’ll work on high-impact strategic digital and data engagements with people who have a passion for delivering results for our clients and their customers.
In this role, you will play a key role in:
· Setting data and digital strategies for our clients to enable their transformation agenda, focussing on an assessment of the client’s current state landscape, target state recommendations and a future-state roadmap aligned to the client’s business goals and objectives;
· Engaging with clients’ leadership and key stakeholders in strategic discussions to understand key pain points and to agree on tactical and strategic approaches to address immediate challenges and evolve towards target state aspirations;
· Building a trusted advisor relationship with your clients through our client-centric approach and delivery excellence;
· Exploring and explicitly elaborating upon the commercial implications and impacts arising from your recommendations to enable your clients to fund transformation ambitions;
· Uplifting Avanade’s Digital Enterprise Advisory capability by coaching and developing advisory talent through proactive contributions to thought leadership, asset development and communities of practice;
· Collaborating with Solution Architects in the Analytics, CRM and Digital Experience practice as well as other parts of the business within Avanade and Accenture to shape client solutions;
· Contributing to Avanade’s sustained growth by leading or proactively contributing to business development opportunities and pursuits.
· You have a good understanding of data, analytics, customer and digital technologies and have practical experience in applying these to solve business challenges;
· You have a deep understanding of data and digital considerations in the enterprise from business value drivers through architecture, platform technologies, data management and governance, operating models and insights;
· You have solution architecture and technical depth of experience in the Data & Analytics and CRM domains;
· You have a good understanding of the enterprise architecture framework and have practical experience in applying enterprise architecture disciplines;
· You are a curious, collaborative and capable consulting professional working with clients to establish people-centric business strategies that brings together design, strategy and technology to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational and organisational level;
· You are passionate about working collaboratively to helping clients mobilise and implement strategic recommendations.
To be successful you will be client led, impact-driven and client focused and have a passion for people, with an enthusiasm for diving into challenges at the intersection of business process, people and technology – and a demonstrated track record of delivering outcomes through data and digital technologies.
At this point in your career you will have at least 5+ years of experience in Data & Analytics and/or Customer domain architecture with practical knowledge or experience in solution and enterprise architecture. We are ideally looking for specific experience with:
· A history of solving complex business challenges and leaning in to understanding the client’s broader commercial or business strategic needs;
· Demonstrable skills in analysing and understanding a variety of problems experienced by medium to large-scale organisations from strategy to implementation;
· Demonstrated people leadership, “leading by influence”, and effective peer teaming expertise in large, multinational organizations with globally distributed teams;
· A track record of enterprise, domain or solution architecture experience gained through the delivery of large-scale project work streams or transformation programs;
· Experience in the development of business and/or technology strategies, target state architectures and roadmap particularly in the areas of data, analytics, digital, CRM, marketing and customer experience;
· A good understanding of data, analytics and customer domain capability models as well as the underlying tools and technologies that support the capabilities;
· Experience in design and implementation of data operating models, and the design and application of data management and data governance processes, frameworks, standards, and architectures;
· Applied experience designing architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data and analytics solutions, preferably using Azure cloud data and CRM technologies;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pivot to business or technical focus depending on the audience;
· A knack for explaining complex technologies, analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language;
· The ability to evolve, conceptualise and communicate new ideas using storytelling techniques;
· You likely have an undergraduate degree in business consulting, computer science or related fields, and have a demonstrated curiosity for new knowledge with relevant post-graduate certifications.
What it’s like to work with us
At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our advisory team is expanding and there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career. You will be supported by our seasoned leadership team who will encourage you, challenge you and advocate for you.
Often working in compact teams, individuals can have a significant impact on our client relationships, market offerings, and your fellow team members.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when you need to get on top of your life admin!) as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
This role requires direct contact with Avanade clients as well as attendance in person at Avanade workplaces and other company sponsored meetings and events. In order to comply with our client requirements and Avanade’s own health and safety obligations this role requires the Applicant to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required during the application process. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical or religious reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.