Data & Analytics Leader, Ottawa
Area of expertise:
A little Background:
Solution Areas are what we want to be known for in the market; they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation. Within our Solution Areas, we have core Offerings, which are the solutions we deliver to our clients. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire portfolio, expanding into new areas, helping us to grow our market share and the clients positive outcomes. This role focuses specifically on building Microsoft ecosystem go-to-market, pre-sales alignment, and some client delivery oversight. In summary, this role is all about that!
About the Role:
As a Data & Analytics Leader, you will lead sales /presales GTM growth of the Solution Area in Ottawa. You’ll team closely with both the Regional and the Solution Area Leads to implement a strategy for joint go-to-market opportunities within Data and AI – with core focus on Azure and Azure based data solutions. In this key role, you get to focus on driving the offering every day; serving as the “face” of the offering internally and externally, support offering sales and regional relationships with offering alliance partners, and of course working closely with Microsoft. You get to define and manage full-spectrum, cross-offering solutions delivery for our clients. You will partner with Talent Community Lead and Regional Capability Lead on resourcing and skill needs to maintain effective business operations and project outcomes, engaging our Global Delivery Network (GDN) as needed.
About Your Daily Activities:
- Collaborate with and educate the Ottawa account and sales teams to drive offerings to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval. If you're looking for an impactful, client-facing role, it doesn't get better than this!
- Positioning offering and cross-offerings with local partners, primarily Microsoft, as you develop strong beneficial relationships and ensure Azure data solutions are considered as part of proposed solutions with clients.
- You love the aspects of Data Driven Decision Making and support direct selling teams, from origination and crafting solutions through proposal. When we return to the “old normal” there will be regional business travel as needed.
- Your successful leadership track record of developing and growing long term, high value client relationships makes you a stand out with C-sat and happy clients.
- Your honed communication, influencing and negotiating capabilities have helped you establish and grow solutions with key clients. You enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production and promotion of your solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
- Your core solution sales skills include code Azure, Synapse, Databricks, ADLS, ADF, and the whole host of Microsoft data solution landscape.
- You are a leader in the data ecosystem in the Canadian Public Service market
- Vendor management or relationship experience (Microsoft preferred)
About Your Background:
- You possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. We always love advanced technical degrees (IT, Engineering, etc.) or an MBA.
- You have around 7 -10 years of relevant technology experience (think solution sales, joint offering development and business management) and 5+ years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience with measurable results in a consultancy or professional services firm.
- A bit of Strategy & Roadmaps in your background would make us super happy and make you even more successful in this key leadership GTM Sales role
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.