Data & AI Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
A Data & AI Business Analyst at Avanade is comfortable working across strategy and delivery-focussed work, leveraging their problem-solving experience to act as a force multiplier in our data-driven client engagements across multiple industry verticals. This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills as you engage technical and business stakeholders equally - executives through to operational roles - to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and drive projects from inception (or impasse!) to successful implementation and/or live service.
- Ability to work on different styles of engagements, building skills in product development, technical delivery and advisory.
- Working alongside technical experts and other business consultants to deliver recommended solutions and bridge the gap between the business and technical teams.
- Collaborating effectively with your team and clients to solve key business problems and challenges by framing the problem, developing a vision, and building a roadmap to deliver.
- Able to identify the root cause business problems within the scope of an engagement.
- Develop soft skills in the engagement of stakeholders through workshops and interviews.
- Develop a variety of business analysis skills including data representation tools and techniques.
- Support senior team members in building long-term relationships with clients, as we develop strategies around data and technology and helping bring them to fruition.
- Identifies areas to proactively coach Avanade and client team members when appropriate.
You are the type of person who might enjoy:
- Thinking broader than just the question or problem being presented.
- Seeking out problems, and distilling them into digestible concepts.
- Operating in detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Capable of identifying the true pain points within a client’s initial ask.
- Working in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Aligning and influencing people to gain a consensus.
- Being inquisitive and curious about new technologies.
You might have had the following experience:
- A STEM related degree such as; Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or Management.
- At least 1 year working in a professional services company or as an applied knowledge worker.
- An interesting data, advanced analytics, data science, technology, and business intelligence background.
- Have a developing core consulting skillset: problem solving, framing complex ideas, and thinking strategically.
- Experience working with clients to solve key data and technology challenges by providing actionable recommendations.
- Be a force multiplier within our multi-disciplinary delivery teams, by identifying strengths and capabilities of each member and helping them execute.
- Capable of fulfilling a Project Manager or Scrum Master role on smaller engagements.
- Intermediate level business writing and communication skills.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.