D365 Technical Consultant
Area of expertise:
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations Technical Consultant, you are client-facing and responsible for the collection and definition of technical solution requirements through to the implementation and deployment of the solution.
This role provides the opportunity to work for the number one global Microsoft Partner, with an unrivalled focus on development and training in both technology and softer consulting skills, as well as a dedicated career advisor to support you through your career progression.
As with any role within a professional services environment, the flexibility to travel - predominately around the UK, is required.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Participate in client functional and technical workshops, to analyse and design Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations technical solutions
· Define and evaluate the non-functional/technical requirements for each business process in your workstream
· Collaborate on the creation of application requirements and fit/gap analysis
· Write technical specifications and collaborate with the functional team to ensure functional and technical requirements are understood and well defined
· Document the system extensions, integrations and prepare project documentation deliverables
· Support key-users in system integration acceptance testing
· Train key-users and/or end-users
· Collaborate with client technical resources around the definition and implementation of system integrations
· Collaborate with our offshore development teams to ensure successful implementation of your technical designs, ensuring adherence to Avanade development best practices
· Develop ‘proof of concept’ solutions where required
· Management of multiple cloud instances of Dynamics including initial deployment, code releases and database copies, ensuring clear communication to stakeholders
· Code release management, ensuring successful build and deployment to relevant environments with appropriate release notes
· Solve technical issues encountered, raising to Microsoft support as required
· Deep technical knowledge of Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations and/or Dynamics AX
· Minimum 3 years’ experience designing and developing extensions/customisations for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations/Dynamics AX solutions
· Experience in the design and implementation of system integration to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations/Dynamics AX Ideally gained on Microsoft Azure Integration Architecture with LogicApps
· Experience of Microsoft Common Data Service and the Microsoft Power Platform would be an advantage
· Possess sound consulting skills with 1-3 years client facing experience with an implementation partner
· Strong technical requirements gathering skills with demonstrable experience
· Able to learn and adapt to Avanade delivery tools and methodology
· Excellent presentation skills with outstanding written and verbal English
· Results oriented and self-motivated to deliver with excellence
· Client centric attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Passion for learning and development
· Strong time management skills
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.