Cyber Defense Manager
Area of expertise:
Are you ready to tackle some of the biggest challenges in cybersecurity?
Distinctive experiences. Limitless learning. Ambitious growth. That’s what you get when you choose to join and build your career at Avanade.
At Avanade, cybersecurity consultants are innovators, risk-takers, and challengers of the status quo. If you’re an experienced Cyber Defense Architect, who can help our clients solve complex Cyber Defense business challenges, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Role in Our Security Practice:
In a client-facing consultancy role, you will work on exciting projects that transform our client’s Cyber Defense strategy and operations through the design and implementation of predominantly Microsoft Threat Protection technologies. As a member of our security practice, you will work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging from medium to large global enterprise clients. Join a curious and diverse team that’s passionate about next-gen tech and establish yourself as a Leader in the Cyber Defense space. Together, let’s transform cybersecurity.
You are a Cyber Defense Architect/Manager, interested in joining our security practice, and are:
- Experienced in consulting and advisory discussions with clients and other consulting firms
- Talented in designing and implementing technology solutions
- Experienced in working with or leading medium to large teams
- Able to collaborate within a large global organization
- You take full accountability to lead and manage projects, providing operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- You create and implement work plans for assigned projects, programs and clients against established operational objectives
- You lead small to large project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements)
- Seen as a role model and acts as a leader
- Bilingual (preferred) - French
- You solve complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- You have wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- You develop a strong client relationship and contribute to sales outcomes.
- You work independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives.
- You orchestrate the development lifecycle and facilitate building specialty skills as required by the project. You ensure that quality tools and processes are in place and are implemented by the development team.
- You act as a Delivery Lead/ Technical Architect for small and medium projects
Subject matter thought leader, who has experience working on the Microsoft platform along with:
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of Anti-Virus and Endpoint Detection and Response solutions to protect, detect and response to cyber incidents on endpoints across all major operating systems.
- Proven experience protecting email, instant messaging and collaboration platforms from malicious attacks, such as Phishing as well as from more sophisticated attacks such as Spear Phishing, Business Email Compromise and identity theft.
- Proven experience with user and entity behavioral analytics and how these services can be used to identify and defend against identity compromise.
- Proven experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation and integration into Security Operations. Azure Sentinel experience is of particular interest.
- Proven experience performing use case development and rules that can be applied to consolidate events across disparate systems and used to identify an attack chain across systems.
- Proven experience performing threat hunting across endpoints, identities, networking, cloud and collaboration platforms.
- A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- A deep understanding of incident response processes and techniques for cyber recovery.
- A deep understanding of security operations centers, their functions and roles.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft platforms across Windows, Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Experienced in managed security services, incident response and security advisory.
- A good understanding of techniques and approaches used by threat actors to compromise companies.
- A good understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it can be applied to help customers improve their cyber defense.
- A good understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding client data and able to articulate and understand the types of assets that would be seen as valuable and susceptible to attack.
- With an eye to the future, you are aware of emerging technologies in the Cyber Defense space.
Microsoft skills & experience
- M365 Threat Protection (Security Center, MCAS, Defender for endpoint, Office 365, Identity)
- Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Administrator
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Responder
- CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Hunter
- ZCCA-IA - Cloud Administrator Internet Access
- ZCCA-PA - Cloud Administrator Private Access
- AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- SC-900 Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
● Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years)
● Exceptional development and training to help you understand Microsoft's broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
● Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
● Dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
● Reward and recognition program
● Full benefits package including medical coverage, income protection policy, extended benefits, bonus program, generous retirement plan, and much more.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has to date 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/ Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.