Consultant, Visual Design
Area of expertise:
Do you love making tech human? So do we.
You know how to design IT to create solutions that are used by people not machines, humanizing technology and empowering business.
You enjoy designing, researching and proposing solutions with mobile layouts. You understand and can explain whether solutions will work from a technical perspective, and how to translate requirements into design specifications.
About the job
The Experience Design team specializes in human-centred design. You’ll work with your team to design and create UX transformation deliverables on projects, using your knowledge and skills in architecture and usability content.
As a Visual Design Consultant, you will participate to customer engagements and create UX and creative transformation deliverables on projects. Your role focuses on design-oriented work, translating users’ needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities from concept to delivery with exceptional attention to detail.
Your days will be a mix of research and design, and include:
- Conduct research from a visual design perspective to gain insights that will guide design decisions
- Conduct visual design explorations to generate ideas, find the best solutions and craft a compelling visual language
- Create a design strategy that includes the brand’s promise, insights from users, and competitive analysis, to inform interface and interaction elements
- Develop a visual language that communicates what the brand is trying to achieve and express its rationale so that other visual designers, developers, and future teammates can build upon it
- Produce high-quality visual designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices
- Use prototyping tools to convey design intent as appropriate
- Integrate core tenets of responsive and adaptive design into work
You are a creative and talented designer who also as an understanding of disciplines including UX research methods, front end development, usability testing and content strategies.
You’ll likely have three or more years of relevant UX experience and a bachelor’s degree in Design or Graphic Design, although we’re open to a similar degree or experience.
Your experience includes:
- Experience with visual design, principles of UI design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories
- Portfolio that demonstrates a proficient capability in design principles and solutions
- Knowledge of user experience disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability, and content strategies
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite needed; capability with W3C HTML / XHTML, CSS, and Flash a plus
- Trained and experienced in digital design, web and mobile development in an enterprise environment
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.