Chief Architect - Communication, Media & Technology
Area of expertise:
As the Chief Technology & Innovation Officer (CTIO), you will be responsible for technical leadership, vision, and strategy for the Avanade Communications, Media and Technology business, and, for driving innovation into our customer solutions to realize results.
You will be a leader of Avanade technology development, particularly regarding your region, and you will promote new products and solutions to customers and industry leaders. Additionally, you will be responsible for contributing to the long-term technology strategy and solution development for our portfolio of offerings within and across our solution areas. A prime metric is customer acquisition and increased relevancy to our current client base by driving technology centric thought leadership that will translate to sales. Also, you will help Avanade cultivate a customer-centric innovation culture, and own communicating our technology vision to, press, analysts, and Avanade employees. A key component of this role will be alignment with both Microsoft and Accenture and representing the Microsoft centric agenda on some of our largest accounts in the sector.
Our CMT business comprises of the following sectors and we would like the successful candidate to have experience in 1 or more of them: Telecommunications, Aerospace & Defence, Media and Entertainment, Software and Platforms, and High Tech.
- Work closely with the top executives and partners to drive the technological strategy and direction of the organization that will lead to increased share or wallet with our clients and new client acquisition.
- Actively support Executive Briefings, Solution Showcase, TechSummit, Call-n-Learns, Arch Roundtables, and Expert Network programs.
- Contribute to thought leadership externally and internally - build and maintain strong relationship with technology community to position Avanade as a thought leader and promote Avanade's solutions.
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community and technology market.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations.
- Build strong customer relationships with our clients key technical leadership in order to identify their requirements, influence their thinking, develop technical strategies, and manage their expectations.
- As a key sales support function, promote new products and solutions across Avanade, Accenture and to global audiences - lead our concept to market process in CMT working with the broader organisation and channels to market
- Provide leadership, organizational vision, and inspiration to the team through clear communication and execution of strategy and goals.
- Build and manage employee organization for (structure and roles) that is relevant to the current market environment and sustainable so that future delivery capability needs can be met.
- Promote continuous knowledge sharing and re-use of best practices globally
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
- Executive level experience in growing and leading a medium to large scale, profitable technology services business, preferably within an international and virtual environment.
- Excellent personal leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience (leader of organizations of 50+) people.
- Leading a high growth, highly demanding, 'best people' environment.
- Consulting/project-based background, including implementing large, complex projects.
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale and complex consulting projects.
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value customer relationships at executive level.
- Specific knowledge of the Microsoft product line and software development preferred.
- Ability to guide and direct leadership teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings
- Demonstrated understanding of delivery methodologies (e.g. Avanade Connected Methods, Microsoft Solutions Framework, Accenture Delivery Methods).
- Experience "turning around" projects that initially had significant delivery issues.
- Demonstrated expertise mentoring executive level personnel
Scope of Work
- Collaboratively sets strategic objectives with other leaders, and other managers as they deliver against strategic plans; monitors operational effectiveness and intervenes to increase likelihood of success.
- Leads strategic client pursuits from a technical perspective and helps shape sales strategies with the CMT Leadership Team and our sales channel teams.
- Translates high-level strategy into more localized strategy and operational objectives for large-scale and strategically-critical workstreams.
- Increasing our relevancy to both our clients directly and also our major channels to market in terms of Microsoft and Accenture.
Avanade is the leading global technology and managed services provider specializing in the Microsoft platform. Our vision is to be the leading Digital Innovator realizing results for our clients through the full power of the Microsoft® ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that embraces diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com. We have just been awarded the Global Microsoft Partner of the Year award for the 15th time, highlighting the fact that we are the no.1 integration partner in the world.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.