Business HR Lead (FTC)
Area of expertise:
Want to make a genuine human impact? So do we.
About the role:Please note this is a 1 year fixed term contract role.
This Group Manager, Business HR role is responsible for executing on the people strategy in partnership with 4 distinct teams within the GSA, comprised of 2 Solution Areas and 2 functional teams: Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, Industry and Partner Ecosystem. This portfolio comprises approximately 200 employees in 26 countries.As the Business HR Lead, you will work with 2 Executive committee members and their global teams, a highly technical and senior level workforce. You will partner with leadership, managers and employees regarding Talent Management and Succession Planning, Employee Engagement, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent acquisition and onboarding, Performance Management and Compensation, and Leadership Development.
This role reports to the Area HR Lead for the Global Solution Areas, Advisory and Growth Office.
Day-to-day, you will
- Partner with the Solution Area Leadership Teams and their 2 Executive Committee Leaders.
- Execute on the people plans connected to the business strategy
- Liaise and collaborate with Centers of Excellence and Regional HR Leads to launch and manage various people programs including Talent Management, Succession Planning, Rotation and Development, Engagement, Rewards and Recognition.
- Provide counseling to both employees and leadership on addressing career development needs. Prepare, coordinate and support Managers on performance feedback, disciplinary actions, terminations and reductions in force.
- Coordinate work visas and Immigration matters.
- Develop and supervise training initiatives including rotation plans, knowledge transfer, functional skill development, team building, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of global policies and programs through participation on special projects
- Manage complexities of the Solution Area/functional organization such as multiple time zones, currencies, cultures and employment laws.
- Be an ambassador for employees at Avanade.
- Continually assess morale within the organization and prepare strategies to better motivate and retain current employees.
- 5-8 years of diverse or complex HR Business Partner experience.
- Experience supporting technical and/or consulting environments.
- Global experience is also a strong plus; understanding a variety of work cultures, employment laws and practices.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Strong knowledge of the following competencies: compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruiting, performance management and professional development.
- Development and execution of policies and programs.
- Ability to collate and interpret data and make recommendations based on trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership ability.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be team oriented and collaborative yet can provide individual contributor value.
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of people, as well as, overall Avanade culture.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Leadership or Psychology recommended.
- HR Certifications a strong plus: SPHR, PHR, or CHRL or equivalent.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.