As a Business Developer at Avanade, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive the origination of new deals and the acquisition of new clients within your target industry or territory. As a Business Developer, you are measured on generating sales and driving revenue from a set of named accounts as well as ensuring long-term client satisfaction. You understand the industry trends and are able to innovate new ways of utilizing technology for business benefits.
Avanade’s Business Development group is responsible for generating the new business that drives our consistent growth. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
We are after all the #1 Microsoft partner globally, so having specific solution selling skills on some of the Avanade offerings, such as Microsoft Dynamics, CRM, Analytics & AI, and Azure solutions is considered an advantage but not a requirement.
Areas of responsibilities will be
- Develop new customer opportunities, manage sales performance, forecasting, and generate sales by closing new business.
- Work with Avanade colleagues, Microsoft, and Accenture to develop strong customer relationships.
- Maintain a proficient understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions, and the overall landscape of solutions our customers are using.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain, and leverage relationships.
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning, and demand generation.
- Build strong relationships with key decision-makers, including C-level, with our clients.
- Understand the needs of your clients and marshal the right internal resources to support the clients in finding creative solutions.
- Apply and leverage the Sales Process, solution selling, and account management practices.
- You will be responsible for understanding client needs and requirements and ensure the proposed solutions match with client needs.
- You will support the hand-over process from Sales to Delivery.
- Lead the Client Account Team to ensure incremental up-sale and high customer satisfaction.
You are a self-starter who thrives in a complex consulting environment working with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with high energy, drive, and commitment to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals. You take ownership and inspire others and make a positive impact.
This role calls for someone with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and someone who can build relationships with colleagues, clients, and others at any level inside and outside your organization. You have the ability to grasp and articulate both big-picture vision as well as the tactical steps needed to get there. Your specific skills include:
- Motivated by opening up new clients and grow market share.
- Have a solid background in sales and gaining client confidence as a trusted advisor.
- Proven ability to identify and close new business.
- Ability to engender client empathy and trust.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Strategic account planning skills.
- Ability to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence.
- Selling outsourcing/managed service deals or other large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery.
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to adopt new skills and abilities as needed.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Shaping and positioning business outcome-oriented propositions.
- Acting as a trusted advisor/discussion partner to clients.
- Fluency in sales pipeline management and revenue quotas.
- Strong communication skills including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- Relevant education on Master level or minimum on Bachelor level or equivalent.
You likely have seven or more years of experience from a similar role within business development, relationship building, and advanced closure, and in driving complex sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
Above this we also want you to:
- Possess hunger and a big drive for constantly being up to date with technology and new features and changes.
- Possess a 'can do - will do' attitude, that guarantees the absolute best client experience.
- Have excellent written and oral/presentation skills both in Norwegian and in English.
- Have a strong interest and passion for growing your own business development skills.
At Avanade, we believe that training and development of our employees is the key to success, and together we will be developing your expertise as a sales professional!
If the above sounds interesting, click on 'Apply now' and Amy Ruban a from Talent Acquisition will arrange meetings with relevant applicants on an on-going basis in the pursuit to find our next future star Business Developer.
Don't see the exact right opening for you right now? Send us your information at Candidate Community and we can stay in touch and let you know when such a position does come available. Follow us on Avanade Norway LinkedIn, we post all our openings there.