Business Analyst, Consultant
Area of expertise:
Avanade is looking for Business Analyst to join an ever-growing Business and Technology Integration Talent Community, providing leadership on analysis best practice and delivery for various client software projects. As the Business Analyst for Avanade, you will be delivering against a diverse portfolio of digital and transformation projects. Working closely with our clients to on-board new products and propositions, you'll be able to adapt to all different sizes and types of client organisations, helping project teams and our clients navigate their way through all elements of new product launches, migrations, conceptualisation, and feasibility.
To apply you should have the following skills & experience:
• 2 – 7 years of Business Analysis experience
• Have worked as a BA/senior BA on client projects
• Expert knowledge of business analysis techniques
• Facilitation & elicitation techniques: Voice of Customer sessions, brainstorming, design sessions, observations, story mapping, etc.
• Expertise in using a variety of tools and techniques to analyse business processes and recommend process improvements
• Experience of successfully redesigning processes and delivering benefits from business cases
• Experience of the use of Prototyping tools and techniques to clarify user requirements
• Ability to analyse and produce accurate artefacts consumable by business stakeholders and technical delivery teams
• Understanding of at least one Systems Development Life Cycle methodology (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Iterative)
• Knowledge of Data-modelling techniques is advantageous
• Strong communication styles and techniques: ability to communicate across the product development team and with business stakeholders
• Ability to provide suitable test support for unit, system and User Acceptance purposes
• Ability to manage issues, risks, and problems from identification through to resolution
• Strong analysis and negotiation skills, ability to identify and resolve missing details. Ability to influence people at all levels
• Experience using Application Lifecycle Management tooling, e.g., JIRA, Azure DevOps etc.
Your additional experience that will be advantageous:
• Domain Knowledge: Finance, CMT, Health & Public Services, Resources
• Technology Knowledge: CRM, Azure, M365, SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps etc.
Your Non-technical skills may include
• Some experience consulting with external clients
• Preferred experience working with global and off-shore project teams
• Great communication skills
What makes us stand out?
• We have just been Awarded Top Employer in 2021 taking 5th place
• Women in IT Awards – Employer of the Year 2020
• You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a superb opportunity to develop yourself.
• We are supporting our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies.
• Your colleagues are people with a real passion, dynamic approach, and enthusiasm for technology.
• You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development.
• We’ve won countless awards for our unrivalled technical expertise on the Microsoft platform, and for the innovative thinking that goes into our work.
• Your journey with technology doesn’t stop once you work at Senior level – it is quite the opposite!
• 12-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year.
• 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology.
• 90-plus Microsoft partner awards.
• 18 Gold Competencies.
Benefits we offer are:
• Employee Share Purchase Plan, Electric Vehicle Purchase Scheme, Private Medical Cover, Car Allowance, 33 weeks full pay maternity leave, 2 weeks paternity leave, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, STI Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
• Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
• A dedicated Career Advisor to coach you and support your progression within the company
• Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in your growth
• A genuine focus on you as an individual – we help you discover your true potential and support you in growing your career and horizons.
Travel can be up to 80% may be required. Our projects are based all over the UK.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 50,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.