Business Analyst, Consultant
Area of expertise:
BUSINESS ANALYST – BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION*** This role will only be suitable for individuals with either Consulting background or one that worked with Microsoft technologies***
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just a job, it's a passion and more than just working with new innovations. It means defining processes which uses technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to our people, our clients, and the world.
Note: We are not able to accept applications from those requiring Visa/Work permit sponsorship. Applicants must already be eligible to live and work in UK.
At Avanade, we:
• Are a leading digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people, processes and the Microsoft ecosystem.
• Thrive on open dialogue, collaboration and drive to help our clients realizing the results. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork, both within a project team and larger communities within Avanade.
• Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
Learn more about our community:
Joining Avanade as a Business Analyst means are a part of a Business and Technology Integration Talent Community. We are a genuinely encouraging and helpful bunch and enjoy getting together for a social whenever we can. You have opportunity to connect with your fellow professionals on monthly calls and events, receive relevant training and skills, get involved with various initiatives within the Talent Community and share your experiences with like-minded people. We are always there for each other if the going gets tough, which means you will always be able to turn to someone for advice if you need to.
The Business Analyst role is recognised as a strong and prominent talent within Avanade UK. Business Analysts participate in growing our business, strengthening our assets and connecting with our people. This includes provide pre-sales support to the business development team, participating in internal initiatives and sharing insight with fellow colleagues.
What will you be doing as a Business analyst:
A typical day might look like this:
• early morning meeting/stand up with partners and the team to report on progress from yesterday
• meeting with them to refine a product backlog before finalising requirements documentation
• supporting the development team and answering their queries.
As a consultant, roles and responsibilities can vary by project scope, project team composition and client needs.
Analysis and Solution Definition (50%)
• Elicit and document business requirements within well-defined business processes by organizing and conducting requirement workshops
• Create Functional Design based on business requirements which is easily understandable by developers
• Act as a bridge between business and tech team to manage expectations and resolve issues
• Analyse AS-IS processes and Define TO-BE processes while working with right business stakeholders
• Support and provide inputs to business stakeholders and project team to draft implementation plan for build phase and more
Project Execution (40%)
• Develop functional scenario based test scripts; develop test data in support of User Acceptance Testing
• Interface with development team to provide necessary clarifications during the development
• Help coordinate activities between technical staff, system users, end user organizations, software programmers, system administrators, and managers. Work with technical teams.
Business Development (10%)
• Determine and translate customer needs into an Avanade solution and approach
• Contribute to proposal development
• Deliver quality written presentations
• Provide scope, approach, and estimating input to the proposal team
• Share knowledge, project learnings and best practices with fellow colleagues
What makes us stand out? There are plenty of excellent reasons to join us but let's keep it short:
• We have just been Awarded Top Employer in 2021 taking 5th place
• Women in IT Awards – Employer of the Year 2020
• You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a superb opportunity to develop yourself.
• We are supporting our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies.
• Your colleagues are people with a real passion, dynamic approach, and enthusiasm for technology.
• You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development.
• We’ve won countless awards for our unrivalled technical expertise on the Microsoft platform, and for the innovative thinking that goes into our work.
• Your journey with technology doesn’t stop once you work at Senior level – it is quite the opposite!
Benefits for you:
Private Medical Cover, Car Allowance, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension, car allowance, and much more.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.