Back-end Developer (Node.JS API & Azure)
Area of expertise:
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovation and agile.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
About the job
As a Back-end Developer (Node.JS/API/Azure), you will define the functional and technical design, and lead the coding and testing of software applications to meet business requirements. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop solution component and services, with a focus on Node.js, to support business processes.
- Design and implement high quality RESTful APIs
- Under general direction, design, construct, test, implement and optimize portions of basic systems that enable and support business and engineering functions.
- Research technical environment and system needs.
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned basic projects.
- Collect detailed user and technical requirements. Work with others to analyze collected requirements, translate into programming solutions, and ensure that identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Under supervision, design, construct, test, and implement basic integrated solutions and distributed computing solutions for the customer and Avanade.
- Monitor performance to identify and help resolve system problems.
- Investigate and resolve problems on selected software products and standard systems. Learning to apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems.
- Participate in standard solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements and conversions.
- Maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Build knowledge on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Backend Application Frameworks: Node.js
- DevOps & Test: Azure DevOps, Git, Grunt, Bower, npm, yarn
- Database: SQL Server, PostgresSQL
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure. Experience is an added bonus.
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, implement and maintain application code in a variety of contexts
- Ability to develop client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Knowledgeable about application development, complex code development, application testing, component design
- Knowledge of specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed using Agile development method
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior project and/or consulting work a plus
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Have 3 years+ software development experiences
- Have 2 years+ NodeJS application development experiences
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Good working knowledge on database SQL script
- Have development experience on cloud foundry
- Have asynchronization development experience such as RabbitMQ
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 1+ year(s) of prior related work experience, preferably in a consulting or technology environment
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.