Area of expertise:
- This position is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Candidates outside of Halifax will be responsible for any relocation fees.
- At Avanade, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual. All Avanade employees are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely.
About the role
The Microsoft Azure Development Consultant will play a key role in developing and implementation of different technology landscapes and applications. The Developer will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Analyze the viability of technical solutions to meet product timelines, budget, and quality.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical designs and, if required, propose different options that meet requirements
- Work with data architecture, security architecture, infrastructure SMEs and project teams to ensure all aspects of the application architecture are defined in conjunction with Avanade standards, policies, priorities, and standard methodologies.
- Lead and play a vital role in the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, and opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- 2 to 10 years’ experience designing and implementing solutions that use a cloud-based architecture in public cloud platforms.
- Very good understanding and technical exposure to Azure Cloud technologies and concepts.
- Strong familiarity with cloud security, infrastructure, scalability, operations, etc.
- Hands-on expertise crafting and developing cloud native applications and migrating existing applications to the commercial cloud (preferably Azure).
- Experience with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline (preferably Azure Pipeline).
- In-depth knowledge of containerization and container management with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Up-to-date knowledge of standard methodologies (12-factor app) and industry-standard design patterns for loosely coupled applications.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service applications
- High proficiency in at least one of the top tier technologies (e.g. Java, .NET Core)
- Enthusiasm for hands-on work (if needed) to support proof of concepts and guide development teams.
- Application stack – app services, API services, micro services, event based and message-based frameworks.
- Familiarly with storage mechanisms (ADLS, blob, SQL, No-SQL)
- Familiar with Infrastructure concerns like scalability, high availability, gateways, load balancers, traffic manager, replication techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of authorization, authentication, on-premise AD integration, and synchronization with Azure AD.
- Understanding of standard methodologies around caching, encryption, hashing on applications and data.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service-based applications using .NET Core, cloud native applications, and moving to commercial cloud (such as Azure).
- Familiarity with web services: REST, SOAP (nice to have)
- Familiarity with other tools including Git on Azure DevOps
We are always looking for ways to elevate our employee experience to give our people opportunities to share in Avanade's success. In addition to a competitive salary and attractive benefits, we offer an employee stock purchase plan, recognition programs with awards tied to them, and additional perks like flexible work arrangements and thriving employee networks.
We’re interested in getting to know you and figuring out what we can do together. Hit Apply Now and let’s start the conversation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.