Azure DevOps Engineer
Area of expertise:
You are a solid technologist and trusted technology advisor who is just as comfortable working with a technical team as you are consulting with business users. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communications skills are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Our Consultants create sustainable concepts, working with our portfolio management team to make the most of technological developments in the Cloud. You’ll support your clients by working with them on the architecture and implementation of sophisticated cloud-hosted solutions that support their business requirements. Your work helps clients get the very best out of the Cloud.
You’ll need to bring great interpersonal and communication skills to this role, as you help your technical and non-technical clients engage with often complex information.
Key Role Responsibilities
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage and support build and release of DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Actively craft and implement innovative Azure cloud solutions with Microsoft technologies for clients
- Assist in defining technological standards in Azure environments
- Be involved in the entire project cycle from analysing requirements to crafting tasks, facilitate designs, build, test and provide operational documentation
- Design, implement and support Microsoft Azure and Office365 solutions that meet customer’s technical, security, and business requirements for modern workloads
- Work with our customers to assess the technical feasibility for moving to Azure and Office365
- Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure that your client has the best solution for their technical, security and business needs
Skill & Capability Requirements
- Experience with Continuous Integration Delivery models such as Azure DevOps, including Git, CI/CD pipelines and IaC
- Strong automation experience using Azure Automation, Azure CLI, PowerShell, Terraform, and ARM templates
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft Azure and Office365, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Design, Implementation and Support experience of sophisticated Azure infrastructure solutions (IaaS & PaaS)
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools (Azure Monitor / Log Analytics)
- Azure HA/DR, scaling, and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
- Strong Identity knowledge with experience in designing, implementing, and supporting Active Directory and Azure AD solutions. Experience with RBAC and MFA
- Familiarity with Azure network topologies and technologies including VPN gateways, next generation firewalls and ExpressRoute
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (AKS) is desirable
- Experience interacting with clients from diverse professional backgrounds
- Experience working with teams to facilitate project work
- Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, or within 1 year of hire
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect is highly desirable
Preferred Education Background
You will likely have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a related area, and/or the equivalent of 5+ years of experience in the IT sector.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.