Azure Analytics Architect
Area of expertise:
About the role
As Analytics Solution Architect/Manager, you will actively participate in presales activities including public presentations, workshops and estimations. You will have a leading technical role in transitioning sales from qualifying to closing by working closely with the sales team and other technical consultants. You will work closely with program managers and bid teams to maximize the business development capacity and leverage Avanade capabilities. You will facilitate and execute requirements gathered during analysis and design phases and assist in driving business development initiatives with major stakeholders. Within the first year, you will manage multiple customer engagements and production implementations.
Day-to-day, you will:
* Participate in all aspects of sales activities, including demonstrations and proof of concepts
* Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a data and analytics architecture that enables fact-based decision making, ad hoc analysis and insight generation
* Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data
* Develop and streamline processes regarding data flow and quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value
* Mentor the Analytics Team and other service lines for cross-optimization
* Participate in the hiring of new permanent staff and contractors
* Talk to senior stakeholders about all flavors of Analytics (data warehousing, ETL, integration, presentation/visualization, prediction, AI, Machine Learning)
* Can lead delivery / get hands on if needed
* Travel as needed
You are an experienced leader with a proactive and participative management style. You instill and reinforce a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic. You have excellent communication skills and can confidently communicate to all levels of the business from operational to executive. You have extensive pre-sales experience in solution envisioning, building demonstrations, estimates, proposal development, client presentations and conducting workshops. You possess a good understanding of sales strategies, tactics and cycles and demonstrate good problem solving and analytical skills.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Strong IT Consulting experience especially in a pre-sales environment
- Understanding how Analytics and Cloud interact (i.e. knows Azure services or other cloud services…Google or Amazon)
- Enterprise Architecture as it relates to Analytics
- Estimates work, drives proposals and is a partner to the Sales team
- Business Intelligence (BI) consulting/client-facing experience
- Exposure to non-Microsoft BI tools a very strong plus. Relational and semi-relational structured data experience; implementing Hadoop or one of its commercial distributions
- Strong OLAP SQL Server Analysis Services skills
- Strong Power BI analytics tools experience: PerformancePoint Services, PowerPivot, PowerQuery and PowerMaps
- Microsoft platform including: SQL Server versions 2005 through 2014, Azure cloud, Power BI, R, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra
Your education likely includes a degree in computer science or the equivalent.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.