Area of expertise:
Avanade seeks an experienced Application Architect to lead and guide the work of technical teams in designing, developing, testing, and deploying large-scale, mission critical enterprise application software and systems built on the Microsoft platform. Experience in application modernization across complex estates creating and executing holistic plans across the 7 Rs (Replace, Rebuild, Refactor, Replatform, Relocate, Retain, Remove).
In this exciting role at Avanade you will:
- Communicate with clients to assess/understand specific system requirements and foster productive relationships.
- Work with client stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to translate business requirements and ensure accurate, timely, and scalable solutions.
- Define system, technical and application architectures and create project roadmaps that align with strategic objectives and industry best practices.
- Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
- Oversee the design of technical architecture and perform systems/change management to enable integration of customizations with legacy and other 3rd party applications/modules.
- Coordinate with other senior team members to validate designs and implement decisions.
- Manage agile project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, scope, and quality through KPI identification and testing plans.
- Monitor performance of, and mentor junior architects on advanced technology concepts and technical capabilities.
- Assist in pre-sales activities by providing technical advice regarding design concepts/changes/functionalities, project costs and resource forecasting/planning.
This role involves a mix of presales, solutioning and delivery. The split with fluctuate in response to demand. Occasional travel, when allowed, may be required within Nordics.
This role requires a degree or certificate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree or equivalent experience gained through job experience as Application Architect or Software Developer (or in a similar role within the IT or IT consulting industry).
A qualified applicant’s professional experience will have the following skills:
- Experience leading technical teams in the implementation/deployment of Microsoft platform technologies.
- Experience leading large-scale technical projects and solution delivery on enterprise initiatives including web services, enterprise portals, and custom applications.
- Experience participating in full SDLC within an agile project management methodology.
- Experience designing and building enterprise systems and microservice-based architectures utilizing Microsoft .NET and C#.
- Experience participating in work stream planning processes including inception, technical design, development, testing, and delivery of Microsoft solutions.
- Experience working with DevOps-tools such as Azure DevOps or GIT.
- Understanding of ETL and Data Factory is a plus.
- Experience providing pre-sales support, including requirements gathering, effort estimation, resource forecasting, workforce planning, delivery forecasting, and costing analysis for initial engagement efforts with respect to a technical client service opportunity.
- Experience working with cloud solutions and architectures such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
Benefits we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (for 15 years!), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications).
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally.
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression.
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you.
- Reward and Recognition scheme.
Don't see the exact right opening for you right now? Send us your information at Candidate Community and we can stay in touch and let you know when such a position does come available. Follow us on Avanade Norway LinkedIn, we post all our openings there.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.