Agile Project Manager
Area of expertise:
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is a great team, and at Avanade we pride ourselves on bringing together the best thinkers and technologists to deliver robust solutions that delight our clients.
You love working with talented and multi-disciplined teams to deliver working product on an iterative basis for your customers. You are familiar with the Agile frameworks, have worked as a Scrum Master or Agile Delivery Lead (preferably in a consultancy/agency environment) and are as comfortable talking about feature roadmaps as you are rolling your sleeves up and unblocking team members with impediments they’re facing.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through to execution and closure, with many stops in between. As an Agile Delivery Lead, you make sure that the ways of working are setup and executed, that client expectations are met, that programs of work are kept to budget and the work delivered is of the highest quality.
You support, monitor and report on every phase, including sales, estimating, planning, mobilization and execution, right up to closure, ensuring regular communication with stakeholders and clients and monitoring financial performance.
Day to day, you will:
- Work with your team to balance priorities, schedule, budget, quality and risks
- Develop, implement and maintain a work plan to ensure client outcomes are met
- Support the team in whatever is required to deliver working product on an incremental basis
- Communicate progress to stakeholders and flag issues and blockers
- Cultivate strong customer relationships
- Manage and motivate Avanade and sub-contractor staff
- Engage with partners and onshore, offshore and near-shore colleagues
- Travel as needed.
You really enjoy applying structure to the unstructured, and you think and work systematically and logically, always focusing on the detail. You are at home with enterprise technology and your business acumen means you understand what’s involved in bringing a software development project to successful conclusion.
You’ve got great spoken and written communication skills, and your customer-oriented attitude means you’re comfortable presenting to clients.
Your skills and experience include:
- Experience working in and leading Agile teams
- An extensive background in software delivery (Microsoft technologies a bonus)
- Comfortable with conflict and managing through to resolution
- Building and motivating teams
- Managing and reporting on project budgets
- Experience using work management tools such as Azure Dev Ops or Jira
- Experience working with remote teams, ideally offshore delivery centres
You probably have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT-related field, and we’d really like it if you had agile certifications in the form of PSM or . You are likely to have three to six years of experience working in and leading agile teams.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.