Area of expertise:
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
AI Engineers in Avanade are involved in the development of real-life predictive and intelligent solutions to be embedded in the business processes of our customers. The main focus of the AI Engineer role is the design, development and deployment of AI solutions, however, as a consultant you will also require business analysis skills, as you will be expected to analyse and scope client’s requirements, propose and design the solution and articulate that design and its value to the customer. This role at Avanade is a critical part of the broader technical team including data scientists, data engineers, architects, project managers, technical experts and other consultants.
AI Engineers at Avanade may have an industry focus, however, are expected to be able to pick up challenges across industry and apply their experience to solve them.
The role focuses on AI solutions developed in conjunction with data scientists on Microsoft Azure cloud environments. We are looking for AI engineers with hand-on experience in cloud technologies, containerized solutions, API frameworks, Spark and other relevant technologies. The role is a blend of skills from software engineering and data science.
- Understand the business problem, challenge of existing technologies and areas of application for AI technologies.
- Identify and choose right AI or cognitive computing technologies for solving problems and formulate AI designs for development.
- Determine the relevant software tools to fill the functional and non-functional requirements of the solution as defined by the client and technical team.
- Advise on optimal cloud technologies relevant for developing and deploying AI solutions.
- Prototype applications applying formulated AI designs and verify the problem/solution fit working with data scientists in a collaborative mode.
- Have involvement from a software engineering perspective in the development of AI Platform and AI Product projects.
- Working experience using one of JAVA, C, C++ or similar industrial languages.
- Working knowledge of Python 3.x.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in building of API driven interface development.
- Experience in developing cloud applications running on Microsoft Azure (preferred), Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Service.
- Experience in container-based deployments using Kubernetes or similar technology.
- Experience in making deployments secure and scalable by applying proper development patterns.
- Experiences with relational databases, NoSQL Databases, Graph Databases.
- Experience in designing and implementing systems using emerging technology.
- Experience in agile software development or similar methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps stacks: version control, GitFlow, CI/CD, etc.
- Developed solutions in an experiment, prototype, pilot, MVP type evolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with current deep learning literature and math behind machine learning.
- Good understanding of the Data Science model development lifecycle (Data understanding, Data cleaning, Feature engineering, Model training, Evaluation and Monitoring).
- Basic understanding of all the AI fields (Computer Vision, NLP, Optimization, Time-Series, Expert Systems, Deep Learning, etc.)
- Knowledge of data-processing architectures (Lambda, Kappa)
- Experience in asynchronous communication services and even streaming platforms.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.